Chapter 3

Patrick's POV

I walk out of the coffee shop and I turn to see Brendon yelling at Dallon. I want to help, but Mark said that I have to be back at the hotel by 6:30. I sigh and I look down at my phone and I quickly tweet out: "Q&A tonight! Tweet me your questions."

Dallon's POV

I unfortunately got home after six hours of work. I sigh. I didn't want Brendon to hit me.

"Hey, worthless piece of shit!" Brendon yells, sipping from a beer. I whimper softly.

-Flashback (Third Person POV)-

Dallon was nine. He just came back from a day at school and he was pretty tired and he had a lot of homework. He said goodbye to his best friend, Spencer, and walked into his house. As usual, he heard the yelling of multiple profanities. His dad stumbled down the stairs.

"Our worthless son is home." His father yelled.

Dallon bit his lip. "D-Dad?" He mutters out.

"You're a worthless piece of shit!" Dallon's dad yells. His son starts to cry. "Boys don't cry!" Dallon felt stinging on his cheek.

"Wh-Why did you do that, D-Dad?" The small child whimpers out. His father smacks him again and Dallon tries to run, but his dad's grip is too strong for little Dallon to escape.

"Go do your homework, shithead." His dad pushes him down. "Go." He growls. The child scrambles up the stairs. He does his homework then cries himself to sleep. The same pattern continues for nine years.

-End of Flashback (Dallon's POV)-

"Um...hi...Bren..." I mutter. Brendon stands up and walks over to me.

"You were fifteen minutes late." He growls. I bite my lip and I nod.

"I was cleaning up the shop...sorry." I sigh and I feel the familiar stinging sensation on my cheek. I was told to never fight back so I just whimpered. After he was done beating me up, I ran into the guest bedroom and turned on my favorite album, Take This to Your Grave.

I start crying and I threw my glasses on my bedside table as they were useless when soaked in tears. I logged into Twitter. One new tweet from Patrick Stump. I instantly tweeted him back, saying, "How do I get out of a relationship with a jerk, abusive boyfriend?"

I started to fall asleep but I was then awaken by Twitter notifications. Patrick Stump mentioned you in a tweet. What?

The tweet said: "Just do it. If he isn't treating you well there's no point in dating him." I smiled at the tweet and I took a screenshot. My phone buzzed again.

Patrick Stump has followed you.