Megabrain aliens

Megabrain aliens

What if an intelligent species developed on a planet that orbits a K-class star in our galaxy?K-class stars are stable on the main sequence for 15 to 30 billion years, much longer than our G-class star. A planet orbiting a K-class star in the habitable zone could evolve an intelligent species that could become much more intelligent than we humans are, perhaps even evolving into a megabrain society in which they use a collective brain function to advance knowledge and science.

I know this sounds like science fiction, but it's very possible now we know that there are habitable stars around K and M-class stars, which are more populous in our galaxy. Would a intelligent species society evolve into this megabrain society?

I really don't know, but let's say that they could. What would they be like? Well, they wouldn't look like Megamind, the cartoon character, with a huge head. That wouldn't be practical in the biological sense. However, if the aliens could link their brains together into a megabrain they could process thoughts at a much higher level than one brain.

If this has happened, why haven't we made contact with them? Maybe they have sent out signals to us but we're not intelligent enough to understand them. Maybe they consider us too dimwitted to communicate with them. Who knows!

I would think that they wouldn't necessarily travel out across the galaxy themselves, but rather send out probes to study the universe. Maybe they've sent a probe here to study us. We probably wouldn't know it, especially if they did it before we had developed technology.
Could a civilization like this last long enough to evolve into a megabrain society? The answer is yes, as long at they didn't suffer from the desire to go to war like we have. They could possibly have had millions of years to develop. Modern humans have only been around for a hundred or so thousand years. That's not long enough to develop big brains.

The other problem we face is that our star grows ten percent more luminous every billion years. That's not the case with a K-class star. Therefore, a society living on a habitable planet orbiting a  K-class star would not have to be concerned about their planet growing too hot. They could enjoy a stable climate for more than several billion years.

I don't know if such a species exists, but I'm certain that we humans won't be around long enough to become a megabrain society.

Thanks for reading.