#Chapter 5

The Castle Surrounded by Waters.

Natsume opened his door leading to the terrace. "Wah!!! Jushiro! Look. Look. It's the sea", Natsume said in glee. "Arent you a bit excited for the sea?", Jushiro sighed. The cat went down Natsume's shoulder and slept at the bed. "Nyanko-sensei. You have to swim with me", Natsume grabbed the cat back. "Your Highness, we have to proceed with the elder's meeting", Takuma said in a serious voice.

Palace's hall...
The tatami mat are spread throughout the huge room. "Jushiro, keep your eyes on my cat", Natsume warned. "Are there any people who would kidnap him?", Jushiro whispered. "Oh dear, no way. He just have the habit of stealing food", Natsume chuckled. The elders are already settled. At the middle end is Takuma. "I wont make this sound long. I want to inform our guest, Natsume-sama that all the three kingdoms turned their back on you", Takuma stood up. Chatterings are heard all over the room. "You mean....", Jushiro also stood up. "I am respectfully asking you to step down the throne before the overthrow you", Takuma bowed. Natsume remembered his children. "Jushiro, prepare the carriage. I'm going back. Send a message to the kingdom to prepare for a war", Natsume said in a serioua voice. Takuma stood up and grabbed Natsume's sleeves. "Go there and you will surely die. You will be able to hide here", Takuma said in a worried voice. "Sorry, I cannot abandon my people", Natsume removed Takuma's grip.

Asahikawa Castle
Chihaya looks outside the terrace and saw the birds flying towards the north. Their red flags of Asahikawa remained still. "Chihaya, you have to rest. You've been creating your father's robe", Tsukiyama went inside her room. "Your brother and Oikawa is at the dojo. They're having a sparring", Tsukiyama informed. Chihaya sat down the mat and covered herself in blanket. "Tsukiyama-san, after Father comes back, you're going back at the Southern Kingdom?", Chihaya asked. "Probably", Tsukiyama answered and sat at the mat. "Sleep, princess. I will be here to guard you as you sleep. Akihiko told me that you always sleep next to His Highness. I noticed dark circles in your eyes. Might have been the separation anxiety you have", Tsukiyama teased. "I can sleep on my own", Chihaya pouted and covered her face with the blanket. The night was peaceful.

2 days after....
The sound of the gong alarmed Chihaya. She woke up in the middle of the night. She slide the door open and saw Akihiko and Tsukiyama talking. "Take your sister at the backdoor. I will be going after you", Tsukiyama warned. "What is happening here?", Chihaya asked. "We're playing hide and seek. Father will be here this morning, we have to hide somewhere. Let's play", Akihiko gave a slight smile. "Oikawa-san is not coming with us. He loves that game", Chihaya asked. Tsukiyama pushed the two of them down the stairs. "Go", Tsukiyama said in a serious voice. Akihiko tightly held his sister's hand and ran towards the exit. They ran towards the mountains. Chihaya saw Akihiko's sweat falling from his forehead. "Brother, are you sick? You're trembling", Chihaya noticed. Chihaya noticed him carrying his sword. She heard some explosion and looked behind. The outside gates is on fire. Her heart was pounding too fast. She grabbed her hand back and ran towards the castle. Akihiko went after her. Chihaya sneaked inside and saw the three kingdom flags. Trumpets were blown. "We are announcing the fall of Amano here and now", Gou, Middle Kingdom emperor shouted outside the walls of the Northern Kingdom.

Name: Saotome GouAge: 45Position: Middle Kingdom EmperorStatus: Married and had childrenSkills: Strategy, Management

Name: Saotome Gou
Age: 45
Position: Middle Kingdom Emperor
Status: Married and had children
Skills: Strategy, Management

Tsukiyama peeked outside and saw almost a thousand of army. "What do you plan on doing? Charge in there and kill them before the Emperor comes?", Oikawa leaned at the wall. "You have to leave this place. You'll get caught by the battle", Tsukiyama ordered. Oikawa laughed. "I will stay here and protect Natsume-sama", Oikawa draws his sword. The carriage stopped by the back door .Chihaya also was there. Natsume went down the carriage. Chihaya hugged her father. "Father, I dont know what is happening but I think you should stay away from here", Chihaya tried to pull his father away. Natsume withdrawn his hands. "Chihaya, I cannot leave my people", Natsume's voice is lively yet sad. Akihiko came back panting. "Father, the Middle Kingdom is charging in the center. The Hirosaki's green flags are heading towards the east and the Kyoto's yellow flags are also charging at the west. I think they are attacking us from the three corners", Akihiko informed. "Jushiro, gather all the men who can fight. We are going to form four groups", Natsume commanded. "Akihiko and Chihaya, come with me", Natsume went inside. Tsukiyama and Oikawa are guarding the entrance of the gate. Yato is also doing his patrol.

Natsume entered the Castle. Oikawa kneeled very low. "Your Highness, I am truly sorry for what my Father had done. I am willing to earn your trust. I am in your side", Oikawa oathed. Natsume looked down on him and patted his head. "Oikawa, why have you come this far knowing what your Father's schemes are", Natsume pitied him. "Nothing awaits for you here but death", Natsume added. "As long as I could protect you", Oikawa raised his head.

Author's Note:

Forgive my war images...

I'm not that good in this scenarios.