#Chapter 11

For Secrets to be Burried

Mizuki and Tsukiyama walked around the compound. The Sakura flowers are already blooming. "Forgive me for acting that way", Mizuki bowed. "It's already this time of year?", Tsukiyama looked at the trees. The moon was shining down on them. "Tsukiyama-san, are you listening?", Mizuki asked. "Mizuki, Shinsengumi is a good place, isnt it?", Tsukiyama asked. It was just a week when Mizuki started joining them but it was fun for her. She finally understood how it is to minggle with other people around your age. She is happy to meet a lot. "It is a wonderful place", Mizuki answered. "That's why I dont want it covered with blood", Tsukiyama said in a serious voice. Mizuki lowered her head and kneeled. "Are there any ways to save him?", Mizuki asked. "Young warrior. What you can only do is to follow your father's step. He is willing to take and face responsibilities", Tsukiyama answered. The captain and Jushiro had a conversation with Suoh but his mouth remained locked.

Mizuki was asked to accompany his father at the capital's gate. "Mizuki, they are nice people", Suoh smiled. "How can you...", Mizuki clenched her fist. "I will be a good daughter", Mizuki oathed. Suoh got a hairpin on his pouch and gave it to Mizuki. "So long, my daughter", Suoh hugged her. After sometime, samurai came to capture him.

Shinsengumi compound...

Mizuki's room

Her sobs enveloped the four corners of the room. She heard someone's voice. "May I enter?", it says. It became hard for her to decipher whose voice it was. "I'm coming in", he said. Mizuki wiped her tears and sat straight. She turned to face the one who entered. She was astonish to see the first and second captain. "We're sorry for your father. We're also looking for him to exchange some information but he refused", Oikawa explained. They sat in front of Mizuki. "Shinsengumi rules says that we cannot let a girl enter but to atone for our inability to save your father, we have to accept you here", Tsukiyama inform. "But I havent yet got the approval of the third man in command", Mizuki said worriedly. "Dont mind, I'm sure he will tell us to do what we want any ways", Tsukiyama explained. Oikawa gave her the uniform.

Next Few days...

Mizuki continued at the Shinsengumi as caretaker. She helps Yamazaki. It was her turn to fetch water from the well. She took the pail and tripped. She twisted her ankle and sighed in pain. "Most women will cry and complain", a familiar voice made her stand on her feet. She cannot make herself useless after being invited at the group. "Good Morning, Okita-san. Do you need something?" Mizuki asked. "Some of our troupes will be having our patrol. There are bandits outside the capital's gate. We were asked to track them down", Souji informed. "I thought you have nothing to do with Kingdoms", Mizuki asked. "Are you sick? We're not selfish individual", Souji raised an eyebrow. "What he is trying to say is that we still care for the civillians. We are still citizens", Saito explained. Mizuki sighed and felt comforted that Saito is there. "Mizuki, are you also going to join us?", Kanda asked while he walks in to wash his face in the well. "I wanted to...but...", Mizuki felt very bad that she cant even hold the sword properly. Kanda was astonished to know that someone in the country doesnt know how to hold a katana. "You have to train with me everyday!", Kanda instructed. "Now he's serious", Souji and Saito sighed.

Mizuki passed by the pavilion and saw Akashi looking at the lillies. The girl went near. "I see that you got their approval", Akashi said even without looking back. "You know that its me", Mizuki stopped walking. "Your father's death means a lot. It was the salvation of many", Akashi turned to her direction. "Amongst the captain and the members. The southern kingdom dominates Shinsengumi. Heisuke and Okita is also from that place", Akashi informed. "Akashi-san, why did you leave the southern?", Mizuki asked. "Sorry to vent out what I am feeling. I can no longer be with my father. He's dead. Koundo-sama is still alive. I'm not asking you to abandon Shinsengumi but....", Mizuki stopped when he saw Jushiro passed by. "But I have to go and be with him until the end", Akashi smiled at Mizuki. It was unusual to see his intimidating face to be painted with a smile."In the first place, I dont deserve to be here", Akashi said and leave. His words strucked Mizuki and pondered upon it the whole day.

Shinsengumi hall... The ronin are already done eating and left the hall. The captains stayed.

Mizuki stayed to pour tea for the captain and Jushiro. "How was your patrol?", Jushiro asked. "Just like the old days. Rebel", Souji reported. "Any new discoveries?", Jushiro asked. "Their pattern of stealing changed. They are no longer attacking the capital but the villagers", Heisuke answered. "That's... if he was here", Jushiro clenched his fist. Mizuki saw his furious face and lowered her head. She wasnt used of loud voices and wars...and battles. She was a messenger's daughter. Being one means having a lot of priveleges. She looked at Akashi and felt how much she misses the sea and the breeze. "Is something bothering you?", Kanda asked while watching Mizuki. "She twisted her ankle this morning. She might be in pain", Saito informed. "Why didnt you tell ahead of time?", Jushiro asked and called Yamazaki. He tended it. The rest converstation is about controlling the rebels.

Author's note:

Do you want....

To know what happened to....

Your Author.... Gwaha!!!!

I'm excited to reveal some characters.

Yellue here.