#Chapter 3

Where the river flows

Having two beautiful son and daughter made it harder for Natsume to keep on accommodating foreigners to meet his children. Natsume had his moment at the pavilion and pats his cat. "Your Higness, you called me", Tsukiyama stood in front of him. "I made a deal with your Master. I just learned from him that you are originally from the middle land. I just cant stop remembering my days at that place", Natsume stretched and held out his hand to Tsukiyama. "Takuma-dono is asking me to step down at my throne. Is it a right thing to say once you are at their territory?", Natsume asked. "No, Your Highness. I may not know the reasons why he said that but I know that my Master is not greedy of power", Tsukiyama lifted his Emperor. "I want you to guard my children while I am away", Natsume bowed. "No need to bow, Your Highness", Tsukiyama backed off.

Tsukiyama knocked at Akihiko's room. He opened it. "What do you need, Tsukiyama-san?", Akihiko asked in a low voice. "Your Father asked me to give you a letter", Tsukiyama answered. "What are you? A dog? You dont have to obey him. He's not your emperor", Akihiko grabbed the letter and read it. Tsukiyama is burning in anger but supressed it. Akihiko noticed it. "You have a very little temper control", Akihiko crossed his hands. "What are you going to do? Hit me?", Akihiko challenged. Jushiro hit the back of Akihiko's head. "Dont be too disrespectful, kid", Jushiro lectured. Tsukiyama stuck his tongue out. "Your Father asked me to babysit the two of you. That means I can do whatever I would like to do with you", Tsukiyama provoked Akihiko. The young man bit his lips and closed his door.

"Tsukiyama-kun. We'll be away for 4 days or more. Akihiko will be fine. He's the kind of person who doesnt go out a lot. He loves to play his instruments here and train swordmanship alone. The only problem is Chiyaha. She doesnt like to stay at the castle. She oftens sneak out and go around the kingdom.", Jushiro informed. "What a troublesome. I guess His Highness really is a good manager", Tsukiyama sighed. He proceeded at Chihaya's room. He knocked but no one opened. Another knock. He was forcing the door open and saw that the windows are not closed and some blankets are used as her escape rope. He sighed and looked around the room. He was amazed. There were embroideries of butterflies, flowers, and even trees all around her room. He closed his eyes and laughed. "They might be hard to handle but its worthwhile", Tsukiyama was fired up.

Afternoon at the Palace's gate...

Tsukiyama was waiting for Chihaya to sneak in. "Her brain is hard as a rock", Tsukiyama was startled when he heard Akihiko's voice. "Akihiko, I thought you're staying at your room your whole life", Tsukiyama cleared his throat. "I just cant stand an old man setting his eyes for my sister. I am, with all respect, disgusted", Akihiko answered. Tsukiyama held his temper and just gave a fake laugh. "I'm just worried about your sister. If she keeps this routine, she'll be in danger", Tsukiyama opened. "Ah, you said so. She's been through hundreds of foos poisoning, animal bites, lost in the woods situations and she's still alive", Akihiko informed. Tsukiyama lost his balance. "Are you telling the truth?", Tsukiyama asked. "I wont force you to believe me. The heavens are in favor of her. Dont stress yourself too much", Akihiko left him.

Darkness enveloped the kingdom. Tsukiyama is starting to get agitated. He saw a figure and followed it. It was Chihaya carrying basket of apple. She climbed up her room and closed her windows. The servants are already used to forcing Chihaya to have a bath before going to sleep. Tsukiyama heard slashing of swords at the Dojo.

Dojo Room
He saw Akihiko practicing his thrusting abilities. It was light and sure hit. Tsukiyama clapped. "Mind having a sparring with me?", Tsukiyama invited. Akihiko passed a bamboo sword to him. "I got a bit of trauma from your Father", Tsukiyama remembered his sparring with Natsume. "Dont worry, I'm nothing compared to my Father", Akihiko said with a dull tone. They clashed sword with one another. It was Tsukiyama's first time to see Akihiko give a slight smile when he was able to hit his lower leg. "You're too good for your age", Tsukiyama commended.

End of the Chapter...

Author's Note:

Oh! You might be thinking that Chihaya and Akihiko are one. So bad. They're not. They're just identical but not twins since Akihiko is a year older that Chihaya. :D

Vote or Follow.

I dont know much about Japanese Government and the like.....