#Chapter 13

The Lost One

The Shinsengumi's patrol became a daily event for them. Some villagers are missing and traces of blood are just left. Their clothes are there and some dust surrounds it. It was a sunny morning when Mizuki was hanging the clothes. She sniffed the fragrant clothes and felt pride on herself for being a great washer of clothes. Heisuke saw her and helped in hanging the clothes. "Arent you going to patrol?", Mizuki asked. "Jushiro-sama said it was a rest day for us. We are having rotations", Heisuke answered. "Are you working with the Capital's samurai's?", Mizuki asked. It sent blood to Heisuke's head. "We dont need them", Heisuke said then smiled. Mizuki felt hatred springing from Heisuke's heart. First, they were titled to be rebels. Second, the Emperor ordered them not to wander at the capital everyday. Mizuki just kept the silence. "I never saw the third captain. Is he here?", Mizuki asked. "Yamazaki was the only one who brings him food. Why dont you try to?", Heisuke explained. "I'm scared. Is he someone who is really intimidating?", Mizuki gulped.

Night.... Third Captain's Room
Oikawa was standing in front. "Why do you always stand at the same place?", Mizuki asked while holding a tray of food. Oikawa was startled and jumped a few inches away. "I'm here to bring him some food. Yamazaki-san said he is going to massage Kanda-san", Mizuki informed. "I see", Oikawa sighed. Mizuki came near the door and knocked. "What's his name?", Mizuki whispered to Oikawa. "Ah...ah...Ro..Ryu..Ra..", Oikawa stutters. "Ryounuske", Oikawa finally said. "Ryounuske-san ", Mizuki knocked again. The door slid open and a hand was there to get the food. It seems to be a pale skin. The door closed again. Mizuki pouted since she didnt see his face. "Can I stay here longer? It must be lonely to eat alone", Mizuki looked at Oikawa. The lad nodded and left. Mizuki sat at the floor and tilted her head. "Ryounuske-san, I really havent seen you. I...you see...", Mizuki braced her legs together. "You see... Whenever they are on their troupe patrolling. We are the only ones being left", Mizuki added.

A paper peeked through the door. Mizuki got it. "You're new here, arent you?". Mizuki's eyes brighten to see him respond. "I've been here for such time. Uhmm... I hope I'll see you soon. Are you not feeling well?", Mizuki asked. A paper peekd again.
I'm not good with people. I see, you're the one that Tsukiyama told me. Must have been hard hiding your identity.

Mizuki chuckled. "Its nice to meet you Ryounuske-san. I'll visit you again. I have to fix the hall", Mizuki stood up. A paper was thrown to Mizuki as she was leaving. No need. It was nice meeting you but you dont have to stress yourself for me. You've got a lot of things to worry about.

Mizuki was saddened by his last reply. She left but she was satisfied to be able to talk with him. She met Tsukiyama along the way. He was headed to the third Captain's room. "Where did you go?, Tsukiyama asked. "I went to bring Ryounuske-san some food", Mizuki answered. "Ryou....Ryou..what?", Tsukiyama asked. "The third captain. You've been together for so long and you dont know each other's name?", Mizuki sighed. "Sorry, did he eat?", Tsukiyama asked. "He did. He even talked to me", Mizuki said in glee. Tsukiyama was astonished and grabbed Mizuki's hand. "What did he say?", Tsukiyama asked. Mizuki removed Tsukiyama's grip. "Why are you so excited? You talk to him more often than I do", Mizuki pouted. Mizuki left and skipped heading to the hall. His hand writtings are so neat. Mizuki thought and carried the papers close to her chest. "Mizuki! Jushiro-sama is calling you", Heisuke called her.

Jushiro's Room...

"Mizuki, this place will be dangerous. We saw bodies last patrol. They werent killed by normal animals. If you would prefer, you have to stay at the capital. The high walls could protect you", Jushiro informed. "I will not leave this place", Mizuki said with worried eyes. "I will do what I can to help", Mizuki added.

Inside the Palace... A month ago

The daughter of the Chief of Hirosaki arrived at the palace. Her beautiful hair attracted the servant and even were astonished with her soilders.

Name: Miyabi YoonaAge: 17Position: Daughter of Hirosaki ChiefSkills: Unknown

Name: Miyabi Yoona
Age: 17
Position: Daughter of Hirosaki Chief
Skills: Unknown

Names:  Kija, Zeno, Jae-Ha, Shin-AhPosition: Yona's attendantsSkills: Unknown

Names: Kija, Zeno, Jae-Ha, Shin-Ah
Position: Yona's attendants
Skills: Unknown

Gou went down from his room and welcomed the guest. "What a lovely fellow. Did your father send you for his stead?", Gou asked. "My apologies, your highness. The Chief died of illness last month", Yona informed with an expressionless face. "I see, you are then the next Chief of Hirosaki", Gou smirked and looked at her attendants. "Yona, can we go and see the capital?", Zeno jumped in glee. "I saw some freshly picked apples", Zeno added. "I will go pick some girls", Jae-Ha also said. Kija and Shin-ah just looked at Yona. "Okay, you may go", Yona sighed.
Capital's Market Place...
The rest are staring at the group for they are wearing weird clothings. "Jae-Ha. Dont wonder to far", Kija reminded. Shina-ah's mask is scaring the other people. Zeno got lost. Kija panicked and searched for him. "Where could he possibly be?!", Kijah roamed around. Shin-ah was not use with people and bumped on someone. He bowed and apologized. He saw and heard people whispering about him. "Oh, are you new here? I can tour you around", Saito was there to get some supplies. He was with Souji. "Are you guys not from here?", Shin-ah asked. "We're Shinsengumi. We are free men", Souji answered. Saito saw a sword hanging around Shin-ah waist. It was a weird looking sword. A double edged sword.

Author's Note:

Akatsuki No yona this time :D

Thank you for reading.