#Chapter 9

The First Giant

Everyone is already almost drunk. Some ronin already left to rest. The night enveloped the compound. The eight captains and the Jushiro are gathered around one table. They squated for almost 2 hours and began to feel the pain. Some of them already lied down.

8th Captain: Todo Heisuke
7th Captain: Yu Kanda
6th Captain: Seijuro Akashi
5th Captain: Hajime Saito
4th Captain: Souji Okita

The three of them already left to take a rest after a long journey. Each captain are given 10 members which all in all gives a total of 80 Shinsengumi members. "Jushiro-san, why did call all of us just for a moment of celebration", Heisuke asked. "Good question Heisuke", Jushiro laughed. "Everyone, just so you know, Yomo Suoh is missing. We cant afford to loose that man", Jushiro shifted in a serious mode. The boys straighten up. "I wont tell you the details today. I just want us to be happy!", Jushiro gave a bottle of Sake to Kanda who cannot handle alcoholic drinks.

The Next Day....
Mizuki woke up and washed his face at the well. She stepped back and bumped on someone. She turn around and saw someone unexpected. She was in total shock that she wasnt able to move. The man waved his hand across her face. "Good Morning, can you please move? I wanted to wash my face", Oikawa asked. Mizuki was dumbfounded but she still moved. She bowed very low. "Of course, Oikawa-sama", Mizuki said. Oikawa hit her with a fan. "Didnt they tell you not to call me by that name?", Oikawa lectured. "Oh, I see. You're new here. We dont regard people as high rankers in this place", Oikawa explained. "Thank you for telling me", Mizuki still havent raised his head. Oikawa was the one who raised it using his fan. "Why? You look like a girl", Oikawa commented. Mizuki gulped. "Which squad do you belong?", Oikawa asked. "Ah... Oikawa-sam...Oikawa-san, I am not yet offically named as part of Shinsengumi", Mizuki answered. "Why not?", Oikawa washed his face. "I still have to undergo the trial of the three giants", Mizuki explained. "You got the approval of one already", Oikawa patted her head and left.

 "You got the approval of one already", Oikawa patted her head and left

Heisuke and Saito are having sparring. Kanda and Souji are just watching and cheering for different party. "Kanda, since when did you carve a tatoo on your chest?", Souji asked. "Dont mind, maybe things just pop out when you're near to your grave", Kanda answered. "You're not a Japanese guy yet you are so fond of them", Souji noticed. "You're one of a noisy old man arent you", Kanda commented. Souji just let it slip. "Kanda-kun, Souji-san, have you seen Oikawa-san. He's not at his room", Akashi asked. "Do you have something to tell him?", Kanda asked. "Heir matters", Akashi answered. Akashi walked around the compound and saw Oikawa in front of the 3rd Captain's room. "Oikawa-san. I was looking for you", Akashi went closer. "Ah, Akashi. What do you need?", Oikawa asked. "I'm actually going to seek for your help. You see, my father just got a serious illness. We already called our physicians in our place. The emperor must know someone who is good", Akashi informed. "I will tell him once I get home", Oikawa assured.

"I am bothered. Well, I joined Shinsengumi because I was asked by my father. How about you? What brought you in this group? You are one of the pioneering members", Akashi asked. "Isnt it obvious. I like the atmosphere in this place. Akashi, arent you sick of the everyday life you have at the Palace?", Oikawa asked back. Akashi smiled and bowed. "I see then, Thank you for hearing me out", Akashi left him.

Palace... Capital

Gou is waiting at the Palace's terrace and saw Oikawa approaching the huge gate. He smirked and went to greet his son back at the door. "I thought you ran away from me", Gou teased his son. Oikawa just gave a cold look and went straight a certain room, the former princess' room. He sat at the soft cushioned mat and silky linen. "Oh, the heir is back", a playful voice bite his back. "Hide-dono, what are you doing here in the capital?", Oikawa asked. "I was just trailing some rebels. I caught one this past few days. Execution will be next day. I hope you would come and watch", Hideyoshi invited. "For the reason of what?", Oikawa asked again. "Rebel...against the emperor. The name is Yomo Suoh. One of the parasites. He's been listening to meetings of the Kingdoms . he heard a lot and we have to plot to kill him", Hideyoshi chuckled. Oikawa clenched his fist

Shinsengumi...

"We already found Yomo Suoh", Yamazaki reported to Jushiro. "He's to be executed tomorrow for the reason of rebel", Yamazaki added. Mizuki happened to pass by Jushiro's room and heard it. She was shocked and fell on her knees. She stole one of the katana and went down the capital.

Author's Note:

.........

Speechless.