In the kitchen

"Kev? You up?" Nazz yelled up the stairs. "Come on we have to get ready for the dinner tonight. Get up."
Kevin rolled over on the bed staring at the ceiling. "I'm up, stop pestering me woman." He groaned. "Well you're the one who volunteered us to make the main freaking course. Now get your ass up and let's get cookin good lookin!" Nazz let out a giggle at her own joke. "I said I am up! Jesus, let me shower and get dressed." Kevin yelled as he walked into the bathroom.

Kevin felt good today. He loved to cook it always took his mind off of things. After He finished his shower and got ready Kevin put on his best button up and his favorite pair of black pants and he stood there looking in the mirror deciding if he wanted to wear his hat or not. It had a little dirt and blood on it from the accident. "Fuck, I loved this hat." Kevin griped as he set the hat down and headed downstairs to leave with Nazz.

"About damn time Dude!" Nazz joked.
"Shut up let's head to Sarah and Jimmys" Kevin replied. They headed down the the cul-de-sac to the house. "What if Edd is there Nazz? I'm not sure I can take it right now. I don't want to see him" Kevin said nervously. "You'll be fine. You can get through it. Edd loves you Kev. Maybe hear him out?" Nazz pleaded. "I liked you better with him you were less grumpy all the time!" She pushed Kevin trying to lighten the mood. "He hurt me Nazz, I just need more time."  Kevin said as they arrived to the house.

*knock knock knock*

"Hey guys! Thanks for coming so early. I have most of the food set out. You know where the kitchens at. Have at it!" Jimmy said as he welcomed the two bickering best friends. "Where's Sarah, Jimmy?" Nazz asked. "Oh, she's at the hospital still. She's off in an hour don't worry. She just had one more patient to check on before the party." Jimmy said with a perfect smile. "Yeah yeah that's nice. I'll be in the kitchen." Kevin said walking away. He wasn't in the mood for smiles. "Need any help Kev?" Nazz offered. "From you? No, I don't think they want burnt water a dish. I got it. You two catch up" he joked.

Kevin entered the kitchen and began to prepare dinner. He didn't want to think about Edd anymore. He just wanted to do the one thing he knew he'd get right. Kevin began to get lost in the food dishes cracking a smile at all the herbs and the smell of the onions caramelizing on the stove. "This, this is how I always want to feel. I never what to hurt like that way again" Kevin thought as he started the appetizers for the night.

3 hours of cooking and finally he was done and satisfied with what he prepared. "Just in time our guests are here. Thank you again Kevin!" Jimmy announced. "Anytime man, I Enjoy messing someone else's kitchen up for a change." Kevin giggled. "Yeah, yeah go mingle. Have a good time Kevin" Jimmy demanded. "Fine I guess I can at least make an actual appear-..." Kevin started to speak before the sight of Edd walking in with Eddy made his heart drop and his words stop. He turned away going he wasn't spotted.

"Kevin! Hey please wait up I need to talk to you. Please! Just wait" Edd yelled across the room.
"What do YOU want?" Kevin said spitefully.
"Come outside please so we can talk?" Edd pleaded
Kevin shook his head and followed Edd out, despite how much it hurt him to be this close and not touch Edd.