VII

I woke up feeling wanted- feeling like someone wanted to get to know me. I breathed in that feeling until I got a high off of it... and that high felt amazing. I'd never experienced it before.

I did my morning routine which was basically me walking around like a zombie on autopilot. But hey! That routine worked for me everyday, unless I forgot my headphones at home, then it was unpleasant. But by the time I was finished limping around getting my things together it was time for me to go to school.

Headphones or not, I hopped into the car with my mother and looked down at the clock on the dashboard, "7:37" it read. I was internally screaming and urging my mother to move a little faster, but she told me to calm down, so to ease my nerves I texted Trinton that I would be getting there a couple minutes late. He texted back something similar to 'It's okay' and I was relieved.

Now you must understand how nervous I was. I was queasy and I felt sick- that's how nervous. I wanted to take the steering wheel from my mother's grasp and turn the car around so I could go back home and hide, but that obviously wasn't an option. All I had in my power was to buck up and face it; there was a boy waiting for me.

The school was in my line of sight and before I knew it the car was parked in front of the building where I could enter. I hesitated, but managed to grab my things and prepared to walk through the glass doors of the fishbowl.  It was an exhilarating feeling walking up the concrete steps- scary as hell, but thrilling.

I stepped through the doors and took a few paces forward. I looked around an awkward corner and in the seating area under the main staircase was Trinton. He smiled and ushered me to take a seat next to him. I was surprised once again by his crutches, and his vibrant hair color, but his eyes were a gorgeous muted blue.

As I took my seat we started to introduce each other,

"Hi," he said faintly with a smirk on his face.
"Hi," I replied. We were so awkward for the first few minutes, though it was pleasant. After small talk we decided to get up and move to the cafeteria where our friend Genesis was. The thing was Trinton was on crutches so I had to hold doors open for him. Despite the irony, it was cute since he should've been the one holding doors open for me, but I understood that wasn't feasible.

We talked the whole way there and it was nice expect when we got closer to the cafeteria, we got quiet and then it became awkward.

We entered the cafeteria and made our way to the table Genesis and Trinton's friends were sitting at. Immediately Genesis hopped up and greeted us both;
"Awe!" She said with her hands on her cheeks, "How are you guys getting along?"
"Pretty good," Trinton smiled.
"Come on, sit with us," Genesis insisted.

As I sat down, one of Trinton's friends asked him to go get breakfast with her. He was hesitant, but she persuaded him best she could and her work paid off. He didn't want to go because his crutches got in the way and it was more trouble than it was worth, but it gave Genesis and I a good moment to talk.

"So what do you think?" Genesis asked as she and her best friend Lexi stared at me.
"He seems sweet," I said shyly.
"Would you go out with him?" Lexi interrogated.
"I think so," I replied. "I'd like to get to know him some more, though."

And with that Trinton and his friend Camryn came back with food and sat down. Trinton took a seat next to me and as the table talked all he and I did was smile and glance at each other- the occasional word or two. I noticed Genesis smiling at the both of us and I started to blush. This was so out of the norm for me I didn't know how to react.

Breakfast was dismissed when the bell rang to go to class. Trinton walked me to my lame ass geometry class on his pathetic little crutches and wished me good luck. I offered the same to him and we parted our ways with a simple hug in the hallway.