IV

That night marked a change in the wind for the rest of my life. No longer was I 'single Abby', I was now 'Abby'. I know that concept seems odd, but it's all about the psychological aspect of things... I've always had this complex where I wanted to be on the same level or be a step ahead of other girls, so to finally have a boyfriend was a huge achievement. I was finally on the same page.

After Trinton popped the question and I said yes, Genesis was fan-girling through the speakers on his phone. It wasn't as romantic as it would've been if he'd just asked me with the two of us and told her later, but I wasn't complaining.

When they hung up, he and I went on, though this time, the mood had changed. We instantly quite speaking in a friendly tone and moved on to something more intimate. And when we looked at each other it stopped being innocent, it was longing. When I spoke to him, I was suddenly more meek and demure- like I didn't have as much of a voice as I previously contained. I didn't realize how submissive I was until I was deemed 'taken'. Body language aside, we laughed and blushed as we continued our conversation.

I probably made a mistake when I did this, but I felt like I should tell him,

"You know," I started. "You are my first boyfriend."
He paused and looked at me funny, "Really?"
I looked at him with embarrassment and nodded.
"Really?!" He said once more with a smile.
"Yes!" I laughed.
"Oh my god," he held his chest. "I am honored to be your first boyfriend."

After our intimate moment of truth the timing was ruined when I got a text from my mother asking if I was ready to go. I replied with yes and then Trinton and I walked to the front of the building. I didn't have to wait for my mother to arrive because she was already there. I said goodbye to Trinton and gave him a hug. As I walked away he quietly asked me to text him when I got home. I walked away and got in the car, but when I entered the vehicle I told my lesbian mothers that the boy on the crutches who walked me outside was my boyfriend.

They were so excited for me. My mother then proceeded to ask me if he needed a ride, so I jumped out of the car and asked him if he needed a ride home. I was so hesitant to do this actually. I was afraid my parents would make a fool of me or say something embarrassing. My feelings didn't matter at the time, I was more worried about Trinton, so when I got out of the car I walked up and asked him if he needed a ride home. He thought for a second and then said, "Sure," with a slight grin.

As we walked to my car, I advised him that my parents were a lesbian couple. I don't think he had met anyone before who was in my situation, but in all fairness it wasn't common to have two moms. That didn't phase him one bit because when he got in the car everyone had the most casual discussion and nothing about the encounter was awkward. I was so relieved. I honestly thought my parents were going to try and embarrass me in front of my first boyfriend. I'm glad they didn't, the night could've ended badly. While my mother drove Trinton guided her in the right direction to get to his house.

There was a lower income neighborhood next to my high school. It was hidden behind a set of trees from the main street that ran through the area, but you just knew it was there. This neighborhood wasn't ghetto per say, but it was a hint of trashy because it was a trailer park, although the residents did put in effort to make the neighborhood look more welcoming. Anywho, I was shocked when Trinton's directions took our car into this neighborhood. I never would've guessed he lived in there, but then again, I still didn't know a lot about him.