Chapter 1: Ever Never

"but you meant more to me than anyone ever did."

---

Beyond the milky way, laid the diverse universe of Ever Never.

There, mythical creatures breed, extinct animals thrived, magical beings lived and technology advanced. There were dragons, demonic creatures, mammoths, elves, speaking mirrors, and catchers.

I bet you know what are dragons, demonic creatures, mammoths, elves, and can image a speaking mirror, but can you say you know what are catchers?

Of course not.

Now, do you know what are etchers?

Of course not.

Than, do you know what are wasters?

Of course not.

Let me explain.

In Ever Never, there are people who have abilities. Extraordinary ones. Like controlling fire, water, light and others. Those are called Catchers. Why? That's because they are the so-called 'Lucky' ones who caught the glimpse of power. Catches are nobles, almost royalty. They are treated with the best of the best and go have what others cannot. They are mostly from rich backgrounds and have the most unique and important abilities.

As for the Etchers, they also have abilities. Not useless, but not as important as a Catcher's abilities. They are not powerful or rich, but the Orderings don't let them starve. What are the Orderings? I get to that later. Etchers have powers like the ability to foretell the weather with with a look.

Now, the Wasters. They are looked down upon, even lower than dirt. They are like slaves, absolutely disgraced. They are abused, and starved. A miserable life that is, terrible. They have no abilities at all, so they are branded useless and worthless.

Now, about the Orderings. They are basically the kings, queens, princes, and princesses of Ever Never. We don't call them Royals because that's saved for the King, Queen, Prince and Princess that control the Orderings, Catchers, Etchers and Wasters.

There are species that we live in harmony with. The Elves, the Fairies, the Pixies, the Sirens, the Nymphs, the Giants and the Bewitches.

The Elves live in the peaceful village of Misty, the name comes from the fact that it is hidden in mist and can only be found if an Elf brings you there. They are the smartest of all the creatures and are the most sensitive. One wrong move and they will petrify you. They all have the power to petrify someone and are good at archery.

The Fairies are wise creatures that live in the Verboten Forest. They live in the trees and are extremely revengeful little things when they are angered. They are also close the Pixies. Pixies however, live in the flowers in the Verboten Forest. They are bright colors and are mischievous. They are protective if you one of their kind, though.

Sirens are beautiful water mermaids that have melodious voices that they use to lure men to their waters. They than proceed to eat their victims, that is quite grotesque in my opinion. They are acquainted to the Nymphs, however, Nymphs are less gruesome.

Nymphs live in water but only eat seaweed, fruits, natural plants, and more. They have sudden flashes of the future and are friendly.

The Giants are large beings that are about 10 feet tall. They are protectors of the wild and protect the Verboten Forest dearly. They are vegetarians and do not harm us, Evers, that is what we are called.

Finally, the Bewitches. They are mesmerizing people that bewitch others, not on purpose, and thus the name. Some Bewitches are Evers, so they are beautiful. They are intelligent people who are generous and kind. Few people are their kind, as they of course, are purer than angels and can be more devious than demons from the depths of hell. They are natural Honestikinesis, having the ability to detect lies.

Wait, have I explained what the Verboten Forest yet? I guess not. Its a place protected by a barrier that would injure anyone who tries to hurt the forest, and home to many exotic creatures.

Great, now you know mostly everything.

No... I'm forgetting something. Ah, I got it.

Hello, My name is Scarlett Creme, and I am an Etcher.