Chapter 2: Merging Classes

"baby, you played with my heart like it was a toy, now i'm playing with yours."

---

THREE YEARS AGO

Looking around, I made sure again it was all clear. Then, I concentrated on the cup of water on the sink counter. Slowly but steadily, I pushed the water out and watched as I moved the liquid in the air than placing it back into the cup.

You must be confused, as I was an Etcher, yet I controlled water. That's the thing, I never told anyone of my power. To the world, I am known as the pathetic Etcher who had the ability, Electromagnetkinesis, controlling electricity, the name's a mouthful, I know.

In real fact, I had powers way beyond one's imagination. I didn't tell anyone, as they would have immediately known I was the real, Pureblood. Pureblood are people who control more than one ability. I had more that ten, but I concealed it. As my best friend, Phoenix Bella Gold was thought to be a Pureblood. She was a Catcher, controlling objects and people with her mind. 

How did that happen? 

I was doing one of my other abilities when she walked over and thought she was doing it. I tried to tell her it was my ability, but too late. She told the Orderings, that carried the news to the Royals and she got served like the Royals themselves. Now, she has transformed from a kind, generous, pure soul lady to one which craves power. 

Royals have been looking for Pureblood for millions of centuries, and then she pronounces she's one. They question her, at that time, she realised she wasn't a Pureblood so she said if they doubt, she can go. The Royals were hesitant, but afraid of losing a Pureblood, believed her. Now she was arrogant and treated everyone harshly. 

Today was no difference.

She strutted into the halls with her head up high. Her silver hair flowing in locks behind her, amethyst violet eyes gleaming with vanity. She wore a blue sweetheart necked top that fanned out at the bottom, leather jeans and brown boots. That alone was modest, so she wore gold necklaces and bangles, and topped it all off with a white fur scarf.

She got stared at while she went into her private class of Telekinesis. 

Comparing me to her, I was kind of more humble.

I wore a white crop top, a long black skirt covered with a peach cardigan. My inky black hair was as straight as an arrow, reaching to the middle of my back, my eyes were a jet black and I had a whitish skin tone. My cheeks were a light tint of pink, my nose was rounded and I had a double eyelid. My lips were cracked and a blend of red and pink. I wore no makeup or flashy clothes, I was nothing compared to Phoenix.

Her silver hair was wavy and always glinted in the sun, her violet eyes never cease to amaze, and smooth complexion never tricked. She was flawless and had some blood of a, a Bewitch. 

I sighed and ran my slender finger through my thick hair. The bell rang and I had to attend my Electromagnetkinesis class. I aced that lesson and was hated there. Why? Because I aced that class. People said I was a know it all and was so smart, they were jealous.

I sighed once more and walked to my locker to get to my class. Here in Milky Never High, do not question the name, Catchers had private classrooms for their own abilities, while Etchers had to attend class through a portal, in their lockers. Bias much? Yeah.

I jumped into the swirling circle of blue, "Electromagnetkinesis!" and then with a whoosh, I was in my destined class underground. My teacher, Professor Gismondi, was propped up in her chair reading a thick book, The Legends of  Electromagnetism. Her gold-rimmed glasses were on the tip of her pointed nose, a bead string connecting it to her ears. She was a thin woman, intellectually great and strict.