Chapter 3: Humiliation Transection

"it would be less painful if you just ripped me apart."

---

For the next couple of weeks, I hid under the shadows, avoiding the gossip about the incident. My exchange with the Catchers had aroused gossip and rumours. Many seemed to be suspicious of me, one even went as far as to shame me in public.

I dressed to my mood, this week was grey, grey and duller grey. Today I decided the gossip should have died and I would be able to get a way with brighter clothes, right?

I wore a white tank top, tight fitting leather jeans, some five-inch heels with gold chains and a denim, washed jacket. It was loud but not atrocious.

As I arrived, I caught sight of Phoenix, with clothes that screamed for attention. Naturally, she sashayed through halls with absolutely no shame. She wore a tight off-the-shoulder pale yellow dress,  shimmering gold belt strapped to her abdomen, with a beige bandana and silver chains as necklaces. What stood out among that was her shoes, boots or heels, whatever you choose to call it. It was a pair of twelve inch, ultramarine blue, high heeled shoes. They were extraordinary, and, grody.

I shivered as I saw her entering her locker with distaste as she had to have The History of Ever Never. How'd I know? I ill-fatedly shared the class, I mean like seriously, so unlucky!

The interaction between ranks were little, and only few etchers and catchers shared the same class, I just had to be one of the few etchers and she had to the few catchers.

I exasperatedly groaned in annoyance and trudged towards my locker, the day was already starting out dreadfully.

I forcefully pulled open the locker and yelled at the now dark swirl of purple, "The History of Ever Never!"

I entered the class as the late bell rang. Sitting myself down on the first seat, the chatter died as our teacher Teleported into class.

 "Hello everyone! Please put away all non-related items, and take out your History of Ever Never textbook- under your table, Kalila and Margo-, flip to page one thousand, eight hundred and sixty-eight please!" Professor Trivellato cheerfully said, in hopes of lightening the mood of the dull classroom.

I took out my textbook and flipped to the assigned page. 

"Everyone, read on. I have a message from Headmaster D'escrivan, I need to leave for a minute. Please keep silent." As soon as Professor Trivellato left, gossip of what may have happened boomed throughout the room, both Catchers and Etchers. I buried my head in the text book faking interest in it as the room slowly travelled from whispering to a full blown gossip range.

After an hour, the blaring bell sounded and everybody left, still buzzing about the departure of Professor Trivellato.

I quickly dived into the class's portal that led to the halls. It was lunch and I was not looking forward to it. I loved food, yes, but there was huge discrimination and public humiliation during the lunch period, that for us was an hour.

I walked into the cafe building. So it worked like this...

First years sat on the top floor with the Six years. The Second years sat on the second floor with the fifth years. The Third and Fourth years sat on the first floor. Every year was set in different rooms. There were unspoken heads in each year. I was in the Second year of School and was miserable. 

Why?

Because the Catchers were always, ALWAYS, the head of the year. No one back talked them, prank them or try and take over from them unless they were their friends.