Chapter 7: The Wrath Of Cassie's Amulet

I walked through the gate of the palace with the rest of the girls from my carriage. According to a servant that came to collect us at the gate, we were going to clean up and meet the King, Queen, Prince and Princesses.

"Everyone, there are only five servant's room. Each of you will go into one of them, shower and pick a dress and shoes. The servants have got ready already and will do make-up for you. Go in this room when your done with everything." She pointed to a room on her right.

We all nodded. 'We' including ten other girls apart from me and the people in my carriage. Following the servant's orders, we went into the rooms.

I entered and saw that everything was a beige color. The room had six mirrors and a girl standing patiently next to the chairs by it.

The snotty girl from my carriage strode past me and sat on the first seat.

"I want the best servant to do this for me. I deserve nothing but the best of the best." She said, clicking her tongue.

How annoying.

"Sorry hun, ya' get whatcha' get." A girl said with an accent I could not identify.

"Babe, don't disrespect me." She said menacingly.

The girl shivered. Was she really so scary?

"Well honey, the amount of cares I give is the amount of brain cells you have. None." The girl hissed back, after getting back her composure.

Well, this was very pleasant.

"You dumb Waster! You are a piece of dung while I'm a princess! You have no powers while I am a Hallucikinesis controller! I'm practically a Catcher! I can torture you with illusions!" She screamed.

It was so silent if you dropped a pin, we could hear it drop.

She was so stupid. We were not suppose to have Evers powers, we were half elves! That imbecile.

My eyes flicked to her stance. She was red in the face and panting. But her hand was clutching an amulet she was wearing.

Now, that, plagued my interest.

The amulet was a Venetian Red color. It was glowing bright and it had sparkled little flecks inside of it, it looked like it was on fire. Golden straps wrapped around the top and bottom of the jewel. It was connected to a black string and was hung around her neck.

The curiosity burned brighter.

So I stepped in.

"So, you're telling me, you have Evers powers but you never told authorities?" I asked. I tried not to be rude, I was going to need to get close to her to find out information the amulet.

"Well, I mean, I, um..." She stuttered nervously.

"Oh My God! That is so bad! You're such a devil." I cooed at her with a envious tone. I had to butter her up. She smirked and pulled me closer to look at the amulet.

"A family heirloom."

Interesting.

"Alright, stop mingling. Chop, chop, everyone." A elderly looking lady came over and said, breaking the silence.

Everyone got into action.

I hopped into the shower and let the steaming hot water run down my body. That wasn't a normal amulet, it was something that pulled me in. It was special.

I stopped the water, dried up and put on a robe. Walking out, I saw a rack of dresses and picked out one. I chose a white v-neck lace dress, it had lace like black vines scattered all over the bottom. I grabbed a pair of black heels as well. I dressed up in them and headed over to a mirror. I sat down and the servant attended to me immediately. It was the elderly woman from just now.