Chapter Nine-Nothing Lasts Forever

Trigger warning, intense shit ahead.
--------

You sat comfortably on the chair in your backyard, feeling the gentle breeze of the summer wind as it blew through your hair. Karamatsu was sitting closer to the door on a little mat and he had his eyes hanging half open droopliy. You both had just been sitting there for a long time, just enjoying each other's company in silence. Besides it was really relaxing and the nice summer air was pretty comforting.

Your Granny had been checked out of the hospital that morning and you refused to leave the house, worried she would collapse again. Kara was kind enough to stay over as well, saying he'd like to keep you company, but you actually suspected that he was keeping an eye on you in case you had another attack. Honestly you thought you were perfectly fine since there is usually a reason for your attacks, and nothing was actually happening right now. Still you enjoyed his presence and decided not to protest against his being here.

Looking back, you can't help but smile as you see his sleepy face as he starts to doze off. You were getting sleepy just looking at him. It was very warm outside, but it wasn't so bad that you were uncomfortable, and the sensation make you sleepy as well. Letting your eyelids slowly shut, you started to drift into a peaceful slumber.

That is until two hands gently shook you back and woke you.

"Huh?..."

"Y/n-chan! We've been trapped in this house all day, may we please go for a walk?"

"A walk...?" Looking over at Karamatsu, you studied his hopeful expression. He seemed very antsy, energetic even. You guessed being cramped in this house all day would eventually make one bored. Thing is, you're verrrryyy used to doing nothing in a house all day. You guessed Kara preferred being out and about.
You respond after letting out a yawn while stretching.

"Mmmhp, sure why not!" Smiling at his happy expression, you stand up and walk to the door, listening to the pitter patter of Kara's bare feet as he trots to get his shoes on. Slipping on your own shoes, you open the door and turn back to see Kara's smiling face.

"Well, let's go Kara-chan." You smile happily and walk out the door with him. Butterflies fill your stomach as you feel a familiar, warm hand intertwined with yours. Squeezing the hand back, you chuckle, letting your connected hands swing back and forth softly as you walk. This felt nice. Just walking, holding hands with someone you loved.
.
.
.
Wait loved?...

Yes...it appeared you loved Kara. Well, what else could it be right? I mean, there wasn't many other words that could describe the way you felt. The way he made your stomach fill with butterflies whenever he spoke, and how your chest filled with warmth just being close to him. He really did make you feel happy, he filled the void in your heart that formed after you lost your parents. He excepted your past, and he excepted all of you. He showed you kindness and affection that you lacked for so many horrid years, and you were so grateful. Smiling to yourself, you made up your mind. You would tell him tonight. Tonight you were going to say it, you'd tell him your true feelings.

That you loved Karamatsu, and that he was the most important person in the world to you.

Looking down at your hands, then up to the person holding yours hand, you examined Karamatsu's relaxed, calm smile, and you looked at his chubby, blushy cheeks that were dusted with pink. He catches your eyes and smiles happily, making your stomach do summersaults.

"Well my honey, what would you like to do, where would you like to go? Perhaps we could go back to the park and relax in the summer air? Or maybe you'd prefer-"

"Actually, I have a good idea." You say, becoming excited. Grabbing his hand, you speed up some, and grin internally as you see he curious expression. Leading him down the sidewalk, you both end up at a busy traffic stop. Leaning on one foot, you wait for the light to turn green, signaling for you to pass. Walking across the street, you lead Kara to a small ice cream parlor.