Chapter 5

Maddy's POV

"Okay we'll clean you and get you some new clothes, yeah?" Maddy asked Alysha.

"Sounds awesome, thanks." Alysha nodded.

The nose bleed had stopped not too long ago, but it didn't stop in time to keep it from dripping all over her shirt. Rhydian had fallen back and was probably giving the space to bond with "girl talk". Maddy pushed the door open to her house and walked in; Alysha hesitated in the doorway.

"Well come in," Maddy said, "You're not the first stray we've taken in."

She looked back to Rhydian who waved and went up to his room.

"I'll go get you some a shirt, it should fit." Maddy said walking upstairs as well.

Alysha's footsteps barely made a sound as she followed her up the stairs and past her room, which had the door open. Instead she went to the third room on the right and knocked, she waited patiently for Rhydian to open the door.

Maddy watched them and used her Wolfblood hearing to listen in.

"Rhydian, do you have my backpack?"

"No."

"Your holding it." Alysha crossed her arms over her chest.

"No, this one's mine." He pointed at the bag that was slung over his shoulder.

"Rhydian look inside it." She sighed.

He did as instructed an unzipped the bag, he pulled out a two journals and girl clothing.

"My bag's in the woods." Rhydian mumbled.

Alysha nodded and took the black backpack from him and started to make her way back down the hallway. Maddy stopped listening and went back to her closet to find her some clean clothes.

"Hey, Maddy?"

"Yes?"

"Do you have somewhere I could wash these?"

"Yeah, you can just put 'em in the wash. Actually I should probably wash some of mine as well." Maddy said looking at the pile of dirty clothes in the corner,"Let's go."

As they were walkI downstairs Rhydian was leaving out the front door.

"Where's he going?" Maddy asked jutting her thumb out at his retreating form.

"He left his bookbag in the woods." Alysha chuckled.