Chapter 8

Rhydian's POV

"Your lucky I volunteered to track you and bring you back. If your dad, or one of his betas, had shown up here—"

"I know!"

"Then come on." Grayson was getting irritated.

He was on the verge of changing again and he would if he didn't calm down.

"Leave her alone now!"  Rhydian said pulling Grayson away from her and grabbing Alysha's hand.

"You guys go to school. If we aren't there before the end of the day come find us in the woods." He whispered just low enough for Maddy to barely hear.

"Shannon, Tom. Come on we're going to school." Maddy said pulling her bag over her shoulder.

Rhydian raced upstairs grabbing Alysha's black bag, then back downstairs, and outside.

"Stay out of this you pet!" Grayson snarled.

"Grayson, calm down this is totally unnecessary." Alysha pleaded.

"Is it safe in the woods?" Alysha asked Maddy's parents.

"Safe enough, I suppose. Be careful though." Her dad cautioned.

"Yes sir," Alysha said before turning back to the two boys, "Hey Grayson. Come catch me."

She took off sprinting way into the woods as fast as she possibly could. Rhydian was next to her and Grayson was right behind her.

"Who's he and did you leave your pack?" Rhydian questioned.

"Talk later, okay?" Alysha asked, kind of panting.

When she looked back in front of her Grayson was there and he pushed them backwards. Alysha looked to Rhydian for help, but he shrugged and took a couple steps back to avoid becoming a part of that fiasco.

When they all reached the bottom of the hill everyone was much calmer.

"You left your pack?"

"Yeah it's been a week now." Alysha nodded, "How long have you been tracking me?"

"Five days." Grayson answered boredly.

"You realize you have to come back, your supposed to be the new alpha when your dad steps down."

"I don't want to be the alpha. One of the betas can do it. Bryan, he's very qualified." Alysha tried to reason.

"I've met your dad. He won't stand for that." Rhydian said.

"Do you know what he would do to me if I came back without you?" Grayson asked throwing a stick at her face.

After successfully swatting it away Alysha had a idea, "Then don't go back. You've got a house around here right, from your grandparents?"

"Yeah, but—"

"But nothing that'll fix the overpopulation going on at Maddy's house."

"Yeah, I guess. So roommate feel like ditching school?" Grayson asked Rhydian.

"Yeah, this is looking like it's going to be the start of a good friendship." Rhydian said first bumping Grayson.