Chapter 7

Wolf paws crunched on the leaves as their owner raced through the woods of Stoneybridge following a scent he'd been tracking for a few days. It was dark now and the crestant moon

Alysha's pov

"Are you ready for school?" Rhydian questioned.

"Um. . ." She trailed off staring at the uniform that she was wearing.

"There's a photography club." He smiled watching her face brighten.

"Well let's get moving; no time to waste." Alysha beamed.

Even though the vibes in the group were tense from Jana's presence; Maddy and Alysha trying to remain calm, Jana growling and pushes them, acting as arbitrator, and Shannon and Tom trying to help Rhydian. Maddy's parents came downstairs dressed for work.

"You kids off to school?" Her dad asked.

The front door slammed opened and the six kids were face to face with a wild wolfblood that Rhydian nor Jana recognized. He was snarling and growling at them.

"Jana! What is this?!" Maddy growled.

"He's not from dad's pack," Jana shook her head.

Rhydian's eyes started to change, his veins started to turn black, and then he transformed. They circled one another sizing each other up. The other wolfblood wasn't making the first move. It didn't make sense if he had come here to attack them and why only one.

The gray wolf started towards Alysha triggering Rhydian's protectiveness; Rhydian tackled the wold and they rolled out the still open door. When the seven of them got out their the other wolf rammed into Rhydian's side and flew to the side and changed back, breathing hard. The other wolf watched the group waiting for anyone else to attack. When no one did it transformed back as well.

"Alysha! You've got to come with me!" Grayson growled his fangs, eyes, and veins not completely back to normal, his grip was tight on her hand.

"Depends on where we're going because I'm not going back to the pack."

"I'm not asking!" He growled.