Chapter III - 221B

The first thing I do is make a call to St. Bart's.

'Hello! Saint Bartholomew's morgue. Molly speaking. How may I help you?' a timid but cheerful female voice picks up on the other end.

'Oh, hello. My name is Clara Oswald and I have some body parts in my fridge that I'd like to get rid of, and I was wondering if you would take them.' I reply.

'Um, sure. I think we can take them... we'll just pick them up. What is your address?'

'221B Baker St.' I say.

'Oh.' There is silence on the other end. The long, sad kind. Then Molly says, a little less cheerful this time, 'Alright. We'll be by soon.' She hangs up.

I set my phone on the couch, trying not to be bothered by Molly's pause. Time to decide what stays and what goes, I think.

The two chairs are pretty nice. Those can probably stay. And the skull is actually quite interesting. I'd like to keep that as well. But the body parts... ugh, they have to go.

I muster all of my courage and go to the fridge. Covering my nose, I open the door. The sight is awful. A pale, decapitated head with a stoney gaze stares at me lifelessly. I shriek and gag. Next to it is a lifeless, also decapitated hand and to it's left is a bowl full of a dozen eyeballs. I stomach the nastiness that is rising up my throat and grab the bowl of eyeballs, being careful not to touch any of the eyes. The eyeballs are floating in a dense liquid that has the colour of liquified powder.

As fast as I can, I pick up the eyeballs and I run down the stairs of 221B to the foyer, setting the eyeballs next to the door. I take my time going back upstairs, but once I'm there the fridge door is still open, reminding me of what must be finished. Rummaging through the kitchen drawers, I find a pair of tongs and a pair of plastic disposable gloves, as well as bent silverware and knives of many different kinds--not all of them kitchen-related and not all of them safe. I pull on the gloves and ready the tongs in my hands. Turning back to the fridge, I cautiously grab the hand with the tongs, and with my other hand I grab the disgusting, decapitated head by its hair. Again, I rush back to the first floor and leave the horrid body parts by the bowl of eyeballs, and make my way up stairs again, creeped out of my skin.

Back in the flat, I rearrange the book on the book shelves. For some reason, I have a strange case of deja vu while doing so, though I still don't know why. After wards, I gather all of the papers laying around and stuff them in the garbage bin, which I have some trouble finding at first. I tear the map and it's strings off of the wall and dump them in the trash too. I make my way to the bedroom and arrange the bed sheets nicely. I pick up all the clothes laying around and stuff them in the cardboard box I found under the bed. Along with those clothes, I put the clothes from the closet and the drawers in the box, then take the sheets off of the bed and stuff the blankets in the closet, and take the box back out to the living room. As I set it on one of the chairs I hear a knock on the door.

After walking down the stairs, I open the door for a short, smiling girl in a white lab coat with her hair in a ponytail.

'Hello! I'm Molly,' she says. Her eyes are slightly red, like she had been crying. A large white van with the words St. Bartholomew's Morgue printed on the side of it is parked in front of the flat.

'Hey, I'm Clara,' I respond, smiling. 'Come on in.' she timidly steps into the foyer like she's been in it before.

'I have body parts right there and there are some... chemicals upstairs I was wondering if you would take.' I tell her.

'Okay!' she reaches down and grabs the head by its hair without gloves, with much more ease than I had. Then she takes the bowl of eyeballs and carries them out to the van. Once she's back, she takes the hand by the hand and carries that out as well.

When she comes back, I have an awed and slightly disgusted expression stuck on my face. I remind myself not to shake her hand later. Molly is still smiling.

Up in the kitchen, Molly says, 'Some of these chemicals are dangerous. I think we'll take the test tubes, but dispose of the chemicals. Do you have a cardboard box handy?'

'Maybe,' I say, and leave Molly to go searching for one. Knowing there isn't one in the bedroom, because I cleaned that out, I check the closet. Of course, there are boxes there; I end up finding three of them. Two of them are full of random things, (thankfully no body parts) so I grab the empty one and take it out to Molly.

'Thank you,' she says bashfully when I give her the box.

'No problem,' I respond. She starts sweeping the tubes full of chemicals into the box with her hand, letting the liquid inside them fizz when it hits the bottom of the box. I harden my jaw, just hoping that the liquid doesn't burn through the box.

After she's done, Molly gazes around the flat. She sighs and I lead her back downstairs. In the foyer, Molly shows herself to the door.

'Thank you for coming!' I tell her and smile.

'Anytime. Hope to see you around!' she waves goodbye with box in hand. 

'You too,' I say, and close the door behind her. Then I head back upstairs to finish cleaning and moving in.

By 9.00pm, I have cleaned up the entire flat and have completely moved in. I plop down on one of the chairs, close my eyes and sigh. I am about to fall asleep right there when my buzzing phone snaps me awake. No one ever texts me anymore, because I basically have no contacts. Only my dad and Ash are on my phone. Dad hasn't called in a while and I have no idea where Ash is. My curiosity is piqued.

I reach over to my phone and the screen lights up to show I have a new message from Ash. Hurriedly, I open my phone and read the message.

I'm back! Sorry it took me a while. Can't make it to the Diner tonight, meet tomorrow? Pinkberry's. Love you. -AED

Excited, I immediately text back,

Definitely. Love you too, goodnight. -CO

Ash sends a <3  in response and I finally close my eyes, anxious for tomorrow.

~~~~~~

This chapter is dedicated to Lovefiction18 for being my most faithful reader. Seriously, guys. As soon as I publish a chapter she votes just minutes after. It's amazing! :)

And hey, vote and recommend! Also, I love hearing from you guys so comment whenever you like! Thank you!

~Sofi xo