Chapter 8

Meek
"Yeah, she likes this shirt." Papi whispered putting the shirt into the pile.

We were packing Nicki's suitcase for California. We were whispering because we didn't want to wake her.

"No. Not too many, she'll get new clothes when we get there." He nodded

I zipped up the Luggage and rolled it into the hall with papi following behind me.

"Time to wake her up?" He asked as I sat it next to her other pink suitcase.

"Yeah, you can do the honors." We both walked in the room seeing Nicki was still sleeping.

Papi walked to her and softly placed a kiss on her cheek. He rubbed her arm with care. He avoided any bruises. He titled his head , I'm guessing to get a better look at her.

"Ms. Nicki." He said and She murmured something.

"Wake up, time to get up." He spoke to her with a little and calm voice.

Once she started to sit up he backed up.

"GoodMorning." He said to her

Her face when she wakes up is just the most adorable thing ever.

"GoodMorning Pap." She looked over at me standing by the door frame. She stared at me for awhile. I raised my lips into a smile making her smile back.

"Morning." I watched her lips move

"Morning." I replied

"Get up and shower. We're leaving to go get breakfast."

Papi moved out of the way so she could get up.

I stopped her before she walked into the closet.

"We already have you clothes laid out." I pointed to the outfit laying on the dresser.

"Um.. Okay?" She grabbed them and headed into the bathroom.

Papi and I sat on the bed until we heard the shower running.

"Okay let's get these into the truck." We both ran out the room.

"You grab these two." I handed him the light ones

"I can carry the big one dad."

"Let me see you then." I sat one down

"K." He flexed his muscles and did a Lil stretch before picking up the suitcase. By the time he hit the forth step he sat it down and huffed. I laughed when he let it roll down the stairs.

"Good thing aren't any fragile valuable things in there." I rubbed his head.

"I told you I could carry it , I didn't say how long." He said

"touché."

We made it downstairs. Opening the front door, we put the suitcases In the far back of the car

------
"That was good." Nicki said as we pulled out of the parking lot

"I knew you'd like it."

We had just left a breakfast restaurant she had never been to before.

"I think that's my new spot."

"Ima tell people we know who own a restaurant that you choosing." She giggled

"Childish." She said smartly

I made a exit , Not making the turn we usually make.

"Where are we going?" Nicki asked

I looked back at papi smiling