|6|

Grocery shopping with Anthony was something else, he was like a little kid at the playground and it was honestly so cute.

Anthony had helped me get most of the stuff on my list but there were a few more items left but one thing I was extremely happy about was the fact that I wouldn't have to make another trip to the grocery store just because I hadn't got everything I needed.

I turned into one of the aisle to see a group of familiar people that I've seen in the hallways at school, one thing I hate about going anywhere in my neighborhood is seeing people from school I mean to be honest that's like one of my worst fears and all I wanted to do was turn the cart around but since Anthony was standing right next to me I didn't want to come off weird ( even though he probably already knew that ).

The group consisted of 3 boys and 2 girls, I've seen one of the boys whose name was Paul around school a lot and the girls whose names were Briana and Tiara were both in my math class which I also had with Anthony. The group immediately recognized Anthony and that wasn't much of a surprise because everyone at school either knew him or knew of him.

Anthony went over to the group and they all exclaimed with shouts of cheer just because they were around him and that was a special kind of power that Anthony held.

With just his smile or his presence he can make a whole group of people smile and it amazes me how much people were so drawn in by him, I know that I was a victim of his charm.

Since I didn't really talk to Briana, Tiara, Paul, or even the other two boys I chose to act like I was distracted and just got some of the stuff on my list.

" Yo Rae! " said a deep enticing voice.

I turned around and saw Anthony waving me over and as the rest of the group looked at me with expecting eyes I knew I didn't have any other choice then to go over there.

" I think you all know who this is...this is Rachel " Anthony said to the group while wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

" Hi " I didn't really know what to say except that and also the fact that Anthony having his arm around me made my lungs stop working.

" Rachel this is Trey, Treyvon, Paul, Briana, and Tiara " Anthony said while looking at me.

All the guys greeted me with smiles but it was the opposite for the girls. They both looked me up and down and snickered, which to me was disrespectful because they don't even know me like that and they're already judging me.

But I was thankful towards Anthony when he finally said goodbye to them and we continued on. But behind me I could hear the laughter of Briana and Tiara and I couldn't help but feel insecure and the little voices in my head instantly turned on.

" Aye look at me " said Anthony

But I felt too ashamed to look at him and I knew that if I looked at him I would probably end up crying my eyes out.

But I couldn't think about anything when Anthony put his hand under my chin and tilted my head so my eyes stared right into his.

His eyes, at the moment, were brown and I found myself being sucked into them.

" Don't worry about them okay? They don't matter " he said

I was surprised by the fact that Anthony knew what was bothering me and I guess that showed me that he was more observant then I thought.