Chapter 9- The big surprise

As I start to walk home, I worry about what my mother will think of me. When she see's me in this state and then finds out that I have skipped my last class. I probably look terrible right now, my make-up is smeared on my face from crying and to make matters worse, it started to rain on the walk home. I hope my mum isn't to angry at me... 

As I get to my door, I pull on the handle and find that the door is locked. I silently thank god because I remembered to bring my keys with me. I put my keys in the slot and turn it, the door creaks open and it is really dark. I flick on the light to the kitchen and find a note on the bench. I open it and read... 

''Hey darling, 

I am very sorry I am not in, I am going to be working a late shift tonight, dinner is in the oven. I hope you had a good day at school. I have some a big surprise for you when I get home, I hope you are okay with it. I will tell you when I get back or in the morning, if you are asleep. 

Love you to the moon and back, 

mum xxx' 

Once I finish reading the note, I go upstairs to take a shower. I really need one, I feel so dirty. I am used to my mother not being here, she works as a nurse at the Gold Coast Hospital, so she is hardly ever here. The same goes for my dad, but he works as a doctor obviously. I wonder what the surprise is and why would she be hoping I am okay with it? I hope I am. 

I finish taking a shower, eating my dinner and then doing some homework. Once I finish off doing my home work I check the time. It's only 7:00, so I decide to go watch the television to pass time. I ended up falling asleep on the couch, waking up to the door opening. I look at the time on my phone and it is 10:00.

"Francesca? What are doing still up?" My mother says, coming into the living room. " Sorry mum, I fell asleep while watching t.v and woke up to you opening the door" I reply, while stretching my arms out. "Well I am glad that you are up in a way because, I an discuss the big surprise with you" My mother reminds me. 

"Oh yeah... what is it?"

"Well your farther and I have been called down to have a meeting.. It is in Africa, we are helping all of the sick children down there, but..."  

"Awww that is so sweet! I can't wait to go!!! Could I help with looking after them and stuff and... Wait when are we going?"

"Francesca, you didn't let me finish. Your farther and I are going down there, but we could afford to bring you with us.We are going to be there for about one month. We didn't want you to stay by yourself for that long, so we have arranged for you to stay at one of mine and your fathers friends house. You have never met them before but we work with them. They are lovely people and are excited for you to be staying at there house. They have 3 children, their names are um... Emma, she is the youngest um Jacob, he is the oldest and um I always forget the middle ones name... He is about your age and he is a quite tall, W...We..Wa...Wi..Will!... That's it!! you can just call their parents Mrs and Mr. Johnson" 

Omg... Shock is probably written all over my face right now. I am going to be living in Will Johnson's house for... ONE MONTH!  

I am sorry for not updating... I just have a lot on my plate at the moment. Anyway, I hope you like the new chapter please comment, vote and share. I would mean the world to me if you did. 

Thank you for reading 

Briesha xx