Chapter 16: A game gone wrong

It didn't take long for or game if Truth or Dare to become interesting. After a few rounds Dal even stopped trying to hide his laughter. In those first few rounds Two-Bit had to knock on he door of a random house and tell whoever opened it that he was a "pretty, pretty princess", Darry had to use his best pick up lines on Dally,  Pony had to admit that it was him rather than Steve who broke the living room lamp (Darry said that they're going to have a talk about that later), and so on. I honestly couldn't remember the last time that I had laughed this hard. The smile fell from my face though when Dally called on me.
   "Truth or dare Lex," it was a lose-lose situation for me no matter what I picked. Theirs dares were almost always childish and immature but if I picked truth then I knew they would ask about Bryce.
   "Dare," I said with a smirk as I tried to appear confident. Dal's eyes skirted from me, to Johnny, then back to me. With a smug look on his face, he said,
   "I dare you to kiss Johnnycakes on the lips for five seconds," I felt my eyes narrowed as I looked at him.
   "Ain't got anything more original in that big head of yours," I sassed him which led to the rest of the gang, excluding Johnny, to start laughing.
   "If you ask me, it sounds like you're just to chicken to do the dare." Dal said in response. At this point Johnny put a hand on my shoulder and chimed into the conversation,
   "Let her be Dal," then to me he said, "it's just a stupid dare. You don't have to do it if you're not comfortable," before he could finish, I turned my head and kissed him. While I did this, I proceeded to flip Dallas off. Ignoring the butterflies of happiness in my stomach, once five seconds had passed I pulled away and looked at Dally.
   "Happy," he and everyone in the gang was staring at me like I had two heads. "What are you idiots staring at me like that for; haven't you even seen two people kiss before?" Dal looked like he was about to speak but a voice came from behind me,
   "What did we just walk into," looking over my shoulder, I saw Soda and Steve standing behind me.
   "A friendly game of truth or dare," I answered truthfully. Suddenly Dally started laughing loudly.
   "I didn't think you'd actually go through with it," the rest of the gang nodded in agreement with Dal's statement. I rolled my eyes.
   "A dare is a dare," I said. I hadn't minded the dare, but I wouldn't admit that since I was confident that Johnny only saw me as a friend. "I'm done with this game if y'all are gonna act this way. Can we go back to the Curtis house and eat some cake?"At the mention of cake, Two-Bit snapped out of his shock and jumped to his feet.
   "Can we go get cake please," he begged like the child we all knew he internally was. I would normally laugh at his childish behavior but at the moment, all I could feel was relief that he was taking the attention off of mine and Johnny's kiss. Unable to contain his excitement, Two started waking in the direction of the house; the rest of the gang followed behind him. Me and Johnny were left to bring up the rear. After we both stood up, I made eye contact with him for the first time since the kiss.
   "Look I'm sorry about that," I apologized. Johnny gave me a reassuring smile as he said,
   "Don't worry about it; you have nothing to apologize for." Before I could ask him what he meant by that, he started to follow after the gang. Snapping out of my confusion, I sped walked until I caught up with him. As we walked, one second we were in a comfortable silence and the next I felt Johnny gently grab my hand with him. Neither of us said anything about it though, instead we just kept walking.