Chapter 20: Preparing for a long night

Once I got over my initial shock of Jacob and Max's presence, I hurried to my room. Changing out of my plain, but comfortable clothes, I searched through my closet for an outfit that Bryce would consider suitable. Finally I came across an outfit that I hated but would hopefully help lessen my punishment. It consisted of a black skirt, purple dress shirt, and a matching bow to top it off. I felt girly and fake with it on; it was my best outfit choice for the occasion. Even once I was dressed and had touched up my makeup, I paused and didn't immediately race out of the room. 
   Eyeing the miniature bank where I kept my money, a few thoughts raced through my mind. I had a bad feeling about tonight and felt like there was a chance that I would be spending the night somewhere that wasn't here. If that was the case, I'd need money. The most convenient thing would have been just to add a purse to my outfit but I knew Bryce would question it because who wears a purse in there own house. Shuffling through my pile of bags, I finally found what I was looking for. Grabbing all of the money from my shoebox of a bank, I shoved it into my childhood fanny pack. I then put the fanny pack on and adjusted my clothes so it was fully covered. A small part of me said that I was planning for an event that wasn't going to happen, but to big a part of my brain did believe that I was going to need to spend the night (if not even a few days) away from the house.
   "Hey lazy ass, hurry up and get down here already," that was my cue that I had taken to long. Hoping for the best even though I was expecting the worst, I made my way out of my room and headed downstairs to serve Bryce and his Soc friends beers.