Chapter 8: Girl vs. Guy

Katie's POV

It was horrible watching her die, my own mother. I saw it all happen and I did nothing to stop it, she could have lived! I was thinking "why her,
WHY NOT ME!" and I felt like just staying there and dying like she did but Seth and Jeremy both pulled me with them so I wouldn't get hurt like my mom did. My mom cared about me, how would I know if these guys would care for me like my mom did?

I guess I would just have to find out when one protects tries to protect me. Which for me wasn't to far away. Knowing me I would probably get myself killed if I didn't have someone protecting me or watching over me. i wasn't very smart with paying attention because i happened to run into a tree while running from the zombies, which caused me to pass out, which then caused Jeremy to pick me up and carry me while running.
I'm pretty sure i was unconscious for a few days because of how hard i hit my head on that tree, when i woke up i had a huge bump/Bruise on my forehead, but i was relieved to know they didn't leave me for dead and that they actually took care of me while I was out.
I guess that they would take care of me like my mom did, I was grateful that they were there when me and my mom need them and now ill be there for them just as they are for me.
I got up and saw we were in a building and that there were dead bodies on the ground, but where were Seth and Jeremy? Did they abandon me here to fend for myself? Did I think to much about them possibly being there to protect me? I guess i was going to have to find out on my own. I picked up my katana and started walking around being careful not to get bite by one of those weird looking creatures, peaking around corners trying to see if Seth or Jeremy where there. There were more of those creatures, ive decided to call them chasers since they always seem to chase you, there were more of the chasers around the corner they were eating something i couldnt tell what it was, next thing i know i dropped my katana causing a crash onto the ground making them look my direction.
"Shoot!" I whispered
They started walking slowly in my direction, I started to back up when i heard gun shots and the chasers fell to the ground and behind them was Seth, but still questioning where Jeremy is?
I was shocked, I wanted to ask him where Jeremy was, But I was tripping and Stuttering over my word with what had just happened. He then asked me if I was alright, I nodded.
He helped me up and Explained that him And Jeremy found another group and that they're part of the group now. Seth said that I would need to be Accepted into the group as well, which shouldn't be to hard considering Im part of Seth and Jeremy's Group.
       We walked to the Group and I saw Jeremy. I ran over to him and gave him a hug, He smiled and hugged me back and replied "Glad to know your ok, I heard Gun shots what happened?"
I sighed and replied "some of those Chasers were eating something and heard me and started coming towards me then your brother shot them.."
He sighed a sigh of relief "Well I'm happy to know your both ok, this is the group me and Seth found, All you have to do is talk to there leader to see if you will be accepted into the group.. It shouldn't be to hard just tell him your part of our group" I nodded and Walked over to their leader to talk to him. I got over to him and was about to ask, when he cut me off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oohh Cliffhanger 😱😂 Sorry Guys 😂

Hope your enjoying my book, If you have any suggestions to help me write this comment them please!
Thank you! Updates to come! 😄