Chapter 9: New Management

I was cut off by the Groups leader, He was tall, Fairly thin, and looked like he meant business. He spoke to me in a Deep tone of voice " Hello you must Be Katie, Im Lucifer Im the Leader of the group you see in this room. Jeremy and Seth had said you would eventually show up. Are you here to Join our Group?" I nodded "Great just a few questions first. Do you have experience with a weapon?"
"Yes sir, A Katana" I replied
He nods Impressed "Have you killed a living person?"
I replied "Do you mean those creatures sir?"
"No I mean an actual living breathing person with a Flowing blood stream" He replied
"No sir I have not"
He nodded "Final Question, Would you be willing to go out and scavenge for any items or supplies we may need in the future with other Scavengers we send out?"
I nodded "Yes sir"
"Then we welcome you into our group with Open arms, and with the will to survive"
I nodded and walked over to sit next to Seth. I sat down and he looked at me with a zoned out look. I looked back at him and Replied "what?" no response so I said it again "What?" No response again. I was starting to get worried so I grabbed ahold of his shoulders and shook him "Are you ok Seth?" He Gave me a blank stare and then replied "Yeah I guess.. I just zoned out I guess" I gasped in relief "Oh my goodness you scared me Seth!"
I called Jeremy over and asked him to keep an eye on his brother because of him Zoning out and it taking a while to get his Focus back where he could function correctly. Jeremy nodded and made sure to watch over him to make sure he was going to be ok.
I walked back to where I had first woken up to grab the remainder of my stuff, I grabbed it and noticed that there was a Dagger next to the bunch up coat my head was on this morning, I picked it up and examined it. It had my Initials into the handle of it. I tilted my head in confusion. I had questions start to fill my head.
   I put it in my bag and grabbed everything That was left behind and took it back to where the group was. I set everything down Next to Jeremy and Seth, And Seth saw the dagger poking out of my bag and Pulled it out and Gasped "Where did you find this??" I looked at him and replied "It was near the bunched up coat someone had put under my head this morning, Why do you ask?" He put it in a holster on his belt "Because its mine, I didn't know where it went and its the last thing i want to lose besides you and my Brother" He sighed.
           I looked at him with my head tilted slightly "That has my initials on it, How does that dagger have my Initials on it?" His cheeks had turned a rosie Red, Was he blushing? I raised an eyebrow at him. He was turning his gaze at the ground as he laughed Nervously. "You ok?" I asked cautiously. "Y-yeah, haha Im fine" He grinned while quietly laughing nervously again. "Um.. Ok.." I walked away quietly, Yet still a bit confused. Those Carved initials seemed to be fresh like they were just recently put there.. Could he... No, He would never.. Or would he..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cliff Hanger 😱😂
Ahhh the suspense! 😂 I know I know, I just want to keep things interesting.
Glad to know a lot of people are reading my book!
If you have any suggestions to help me continue this book and to make it any better for you guys, Please comment and I will try my best to add them!
Thank you! 😜😊