Chapter 7: Reformation Reincarnation

Third person POV
The Gems walked over to the smoking crater and found (G/n)'s gemstone, (G/n)'s having smoke radiating out of its cracks. Jasper was nowhere to be found. Amethyst picked up your gem , quickly dropping it. "YEEOWCH!!" Amethyst screamed, dropping your gem. It was burning hot.

Steven's POV
"What happened Amethyst?" I asked, hearing her shriek. "(G/n)'s gem is on fire!" She said as I rushed over. (G/n)'s gem wasn't on fire, but it was pretty hot, considering there was glass forming under it. We needed to get to Mom's fountain. Garnet went over, forming her gauntlets to pick up (G/n)'s gem.

Garnet's POV
I'm surprised. (G/n)'s gem really is hot. I have to keep switching hands just so I won't burn myself. "Uh, why not just put it in the water? It would cool down faster that way." Amethyst suggested.

(Time skip to when they get to the fountain)

Amethyst's POV
Poor (G/n). I mean, I'd only known them for about a day, but I still felt bad for the guy/gal. They had been trapped for years. They were always getting hurt. They basically sacrificed themselves for us, and for Steven. And now there's no guarantee they'd be back now. Their gem was pretty badly damaged, after all. We got to the fountain, Garnet still holding (G/n)'s gem. Garnet placed their gem into the fountain, some steam coming out of the water as a blinding light filled the room. I had to shield my eyes with my hands.

(G/n)'s POV
OW OW OW OW OW OW! IT BURNS!! WHAT IS HAPPENING!!! "HeLp me....."

Steven's POV
(G/n)'s gem floated in the air and glowed brightly for a little bit, cracks sealing. I could've sworn I heard a faint cry for help. The light faded. And then (G/n)'s gem fell back in the water. Aw, I wanted to see (G/n). I missed them. Well, I guess we'll go back home and I can call Connie back.

-Time skip brought to you by Blue Box Co.-

Garnet's POV
It's been about 3 weeks since (G/n) almost died. Their gem, having cooled down a few weeks ago, was on a pillow, sitting snugly on the table by the couch. Hopefully they reform soon. We found Lapis during this time, we found her gem in the midst of all the rubble of the hand battleship. She was sitting on the couch, watching (G/n)'s gem in case they come back. I check future vision, to see if there is a future with (G/n). I see two possible outcomes. The first is (G/n) forming pretty soon, but they act... Differently. Completely changed after the experience they had. And the other... (G/n) never forms. Not for a long, long time. "Are you ok?" Lapis said, I realized I had been staring and (G/n)'s gem for over 5 minutes. "I'm fine." I turned to Steven, who was watching me ponder. "It's time for bed, Steven." "Aww, okay." I tucked Steven in and kissed his forehead, seeing him smile and close his eyes, quickly drifting off to sleep.

Pearl's POV
I walked out of my room seeing Garnet tucking Steven in for bed. She walked away with a disturbed look on their face. "What is it?" I ask Garnet while we crossed paths. "That fusion put a lot of strain on (G/n)'s body. They might not form for a some time." Amethyst then walked up from behind me. "Chill guys. (G/n)'ll be fine, they're tough." She said, relaxed as if (G/n) hadn't almost died. "Physically, that may be true, Amethyst, but what about mentally? (G/n) may never be the same after what they had to go through to save them self and us."

Third Person POV
As soon as Garnet finished, a dull (gem color) light filled the room. It got brighter and brighter until a "BRING" was heard and there they were. (G/n) had finally regenerated.
-----------------------------------
(G/n) is back. It's a happy time for all. But what had (G/n)'s endeavor done to them? Have they changed at all? Or are they the same, fun, snarky self we all know and love? Thanks for reading! See ya soon!