New Feelings

So everyday for the next four weeks Gou would cut her after noon classes and go to the beach to see Haruka, going completely unnoticed. Or so she thought.

Sitting in her usual spot on the big rock she waited for Haruka to turn up. "Hey Gou!" said the voice she loved to hear. "H-hi Haruka..." she said in return. Haruka sensed the hesitation in her voice and decide to ask about it. "Is everything okay?" he questioned. Gou rubbed her arm and a light blush dusted her cheeks. "Well, I feel really close to you and just seeing you is the highlight of my day and umm..." Gou stuttered. "W-what I'm trying to say is that I... I love you Haruka!" Haruka's eyes widened as his cheeks became a strong red. "Do you feel the same?" she asked shyly. He had to take it all in before even thinking about answering, there were so many different things he had to consider. Of course he loved her but how would everyone else react and how would it work since he's a merman and she's a human. They'd find a way because love always finds a why! "I-eh... I love too Gou!" he confessed. Gou's heart began to beat faster and a smile appeared on her face. It was really happening! She threw herself at Haruka in sheer joy. He caught her before pulling her into a warm embrace, it was wonderful. Gou could feel her clothes getting soaked but she couldn't care less. After a while she pulled away. "So are we in a relationship?" Haruka asked incase it was different for humans. "Only if want us to be..." Gou replied. Haruka kissed her now bright red cheek and whispered "Of course I do" 

The couple spent a wonderful afternoon together. But unfortunately she had to go home, so she climbed out of the water and went across the rocks while she waved good bye to her love. "Good bye Gou" he called out. Gou ran home so it would seem like she was actually at school.

"I'm home!" she called entering. There was silence, but it wasn't a good one. "Mum?" she said walking into the living room where a furious female sat. Her mother shot her glare, "What the hell do you think you're doing young lady!?" Gou bit her lip. Her mother had found out that Gou had been skipping her afternoon classes for a little more than a month. "How dare you skip your classes! What could be so important that you needed to skip all these classes!?" she shouted. Gou didn't answer, she just lowered her head. The fact that she didn't answer made her mother angrier. "To your room NOW! And from now on I'm having Rin walk you to and from school! And even though I won't be here because of the business trip doesn't mean you can get away this it again!" she yelled. Gou nodded and walked up to her room, holding back her tears. In her room she just let it all out, tears rolled down her soft cheeks. 

Meanwhile in the ocean, Haruka swam about peacefully and smitten as heck! But there was this nagging feeling that he wanted more but he wasn't sure want it was that he wanted more of. Also, he wanted to tell everyone about is new love but knew that it'd only create trouble. Because humans are cruel and nasty everything that Gou wasn't but they'd never believe him. They'd never let him see her if they knew, why must they create such a problem? All because he was a merman and she was a human. An odd yet tempting thought came into his mind, what if he became a human. That way they couldn't stop him seeing her! And he knew just how to become a human. He had to speak to two certain mermen, Sousuke and Aiichiro. On the spur of the moment he went find them, he needed to get this done now!

It took mere minutes for him to find them. "Sousuke, Ai. I need your help" Haru said simply. "What do you need?" Aiichiro asked. "I want you two to turn me into a human!" he replied sounding desperate. Sousuke nodded, "If that's what you want but remember you won't be able to get your tail back if you change your mind" Haruka was confident with his decision, "Yes, I know. Now, can we start?" They lead Haruka to an out of the way place where they started the changing process.

Next Day

Gou had finished a full day of school and was now walking home with Rin, that was when Mei-mei came running up to them. "Gou, GOU!" she shouted. The pair stopped. "What is it?" she asked her excited friend. "There's this guy at the beach and he's so cute! Wanna go see him?" Mei-mei questioned. Gou looked at her brother who rolled his eyes, "Fine, we can go" So the three headed to the beach.

"There he is!" Mei-mei squealed. Rin shot her a glare as if to tell her to calm down. The male had black hair and that all they could see from behind, that and he didn't have anything on. Gou approached him when he turned around and their eyes met. "H-haru!?" Gou said in shock. He got up and tried to run to her but he didn't know how to use his legs so he fell. Gou rushed to his aid as did Rin and Mei-mei. "Haruka! You're a human, what happened?" she said confused as she helped him to sit straight. "None of the people I cared about would accept us so I became a human so that I could be with you!" Haruka replied sounding conflicted. "Oh, Haru you shouldn't have done that!" Gou cried. He looked at her with sad eyes, "But I did it so that I could be with you, so that I could be like you!" She hugged the blue haired male while her brother looked at the two oddly. She pulled away and looked at Rin. "Can I take him home! Please!" she said sounding like Haruka was a puppy she found. "Okay, since our parents are on a business trip they won't know. But we'll have to work something out before they come back!" Rin sighed.

So Gou took Haruka home, using all the back roots since he didn't have any clothes. And once they were home he was handed some clothes, Rin gave him some stuff to wear. But Haru wasn't really interested, he wanted to be in water. So he was give trunks and Gou ran him a bath. Sitting in the bath Haruka soon discovered that he has gils so he is still able to breath underwater. That being known his submerged himself in the water. He could get used to this!