Chapter 1

A large white-gray tom launched himself at his golden brother. "Leave our territory you Deltaclan scum!" He yowled with delight, exhilarated at the thought of defending his territory.

"Never! I, Lionstar of Deltaclan, shall rule!" His brother, Lionkit, cried, his chest puffed out and his tail and ears erect.

"Not when I, Froststar of Stormclan, and my trusty deputy, Rainclaw will chase Deltaclan cats back to the Nursery!" He bared his teeth, "Leave now or I will rip your pelt off!" He demanded, tail lashing.

Lionkit opened his mouth to retort, but he was cut off by the annoyed mew of a black tom. "Kits! Learn to be quiet, a senior warrior needs his sleep you know." Crookedheart, the aforementioned black tom, padded towards them, his blue eyes ice cold.

Ears drooping, Frostkit looked at the senior warrior guilty, as he knew the tom had been hunting all day and deserved to rest. "Sorry Crookedheart..." He muttered, forepaws shuffling. Lionkit, who wasn't so polite snorted.

"If you're so old why don't you go join the elders?" Lionkit spat, glaring at the warrior.

Crookedheart growled, his large teeth bared he leaped, pinning Lionkit down, getting in his face. "Learn some respect or I'll force you to." He said calmly through bared teeth, then simply left, his flicking tail only showing his agitation.

"Mouse-brain! He could have killed you easily!" Rainkit, his youngest brother and a gray tabby, cried, his eyes wide.

Lionkit got up, his eyes daze and a mystified expression on his face, trembling.

"You should have known better Lionkit," A gray tabby she-cat padded up to them, their mother, Riverice.

Realizing his mother had been watching made Frostkits fur hot, "Picking fights with senior warriors, who have been here longer than you and know allot more, isn't going to make you an apprentice anytime soon!" She mewed sternly, scolding the golden tabby.

Lionkit nodded, "I'm sorry Riverice." He murmured softly, ashamed of his behavior.

"I'm not the one you need to apologize to, Crookedheart is due for one wouldn't you say?" Riverice nosed the tom towards the black tom, following as the duo slinked away.

"We were just playing!" Frostkit growled, clawing the ground, "It's boring in the Nursery there's nothing to do!"

"Or maybe clan life doesn't suit a rogue like you!" A russet tom padded forward, a smug expression on his face.

Frostkit whipped around, snarling, "What did you say?" He growled, his eyes full of rage.

Hawkkit smirked, his amber eyes filled with false pity, "Poor us, having to deal with pure blood rogues. I don't know what Brackenstar was thinking all those seasons ago, letting rogues stay in our great clan!" He shook his head, "Everyone knows you aren't loyal, why don't you just turn and run through those brambles?" He taunted, wanting a reaction from the tom.

His pelt flaring up in rage, his unusually large claws sliding out on the frosted ground, a low growl rumbling in his throat.

"Come at me rogue, let's see just how strong and mighty you are, you probably fight like a kittypet!" Hawkkit crouched in a fighting stance.

Tensing his muscles, Frostkit was about to lunge when an irritated growl sounded, "Hawkkit stop taunting Frostkit right now!" Eagletalon, the russet tom's father, charged over to his kit, cuffing his ear. "You continually try to get a rise out of him and I will not stand for it! Don't forget that it was Iceheart that leaped to my defense in the battle against Deltaclan."