3

The following day, I actually arrived at school early with Dinah. We sat in our usual room alone and chatted about normal things.

I couldn't stop thinking about the thought that popped into my head last night. Did Dinah have feelings for Normani? If so, why wouldn't she tell me.

I opened my mouth to ask her the exact question but closed it again when Jordan walked into the room with Ariana.

"Hey freaks" Jordan said smiling at us both.

We all exchanged hellos and I dropped the question, but I wasn't sure how much longer I could wait to ask.

Besides, asking Dinah that question this early in the morning was not a good idea. The girl didn't like mornings, to say the least.

The sound of the bell made us both sigh, as we parted ways for class but today was Wednesday which meant we had PE before lunch so we would reunite in that class.

After many horrifyingly boring classes, it was time to go to PE class. I smiled a tad, unlike many others, sport and running was something I loved to do.

I met Dinah in the corridor and we walked together. Once we were changed and ready, we met the teacher and our classmates outside as today was an outdoor class.

We all huddled in a circle around the teacher and awaited her plans for the class. That's when I noticed Camila standing opposite me. I sighed heavily, of course she'd be here to ruin the one class I actually love.

"Okay, settle down," began Mrs. Cole. "Today we're doing soccer, so I want you all to start off by jogging lightly in this grid," she said pointing to the pitch where cones were laid out.

Soon we were put into teams for a game. 10 V 10 since there was only 20 in the class. I organised our team and positioned myself in midfield.

After a while I got the ball and began dribbling effortlessly past everyone. I flicked the ball over the last defenders head and was just about to shoot when I felt a sharp pain come from behind me.

Camila had kicked me forcefully from behind in the ankle. I yelled in pain, causing the teacher to sprint over.

"Woah, Lauren! Are you okay?" She asked while kneeling down.

"Why don't you ask the psychopath that tripped me?" I winced in pain while saying that.

"Hey, hey, there's no need for that. It was a complete accident, right Camila?" The teacher asked while looking up at Camila awaiting an answer.

Several seconds passed, I was still laying on the floor while Camila stood above me. I didn't think she was going to answer the teacher but she eventually did.

"It was a major accident, I swear! I apologise with the deepest sorrows," Camila said trying to keep a straight face. When the teacher turned back around to get ice for my foot, Camila bent down and whispered something in my ear;

"I just hope you know, it was so, so intentional. I hope it hurts," she whispered sweetly and slowly.

I felt a shiver go down my spine, but I didn't know why exactly. Maybe it was from the closeness of her lips to my ear or maybe it was the fact that I was freezing cold and she was irritating me.

Camila seemed to notice that I was deep in thought as she stood up, she smirked lightly when she knew I wasn't going to respond.

My ankle wasn't as bad as I first thought it would be, after the teacher put ice on it I began to feel the pain go - but I didn't feel any less angry at Camila.