13

Dinah and I were chatting while on our way to history class. I felt so much better now that Dinah knew about my "crush" on Camila. I guess the old saying was true; a problem shared is a problem halved.

Dinah had persistently teased me about Camila though, how my face went red whenever she walked by or how my jaw clenched at the sight of Austin. Dinah never failed to notice these things.

I was shocked at how little I cared for other girls' attention though. Last year I would have lived for the constant attention and flirtation but now I couldn't really care. Camila completely infatuated me and I knew that it was utterly dangerous.

"Oh my god you're zoning out again. Seriously Lauren, you need to get her number," Dinah smirked, nudging me in the ribs with her elbow teasingly.

I laughed lightly, I couldn't stop zoning out with thoughts of Camila she had completely taken over my mind. I thought back to how we briefly held hands in the cinema and how soft her skin was. How it felt so right when we held each other's hand. Shit I was zoning out again.

"How am I supposed to get her number? Not gonna happen," I replied with a sigh. There was no way Camila would give me her number willingly, she was with Austin and wouldn't want people getting the wrong idea.

"Just wait and see," Dinah winked as we entered the history room. I furrowed my brows as I saw Dinah walking over to sit beside Quinn - in Camila's seat.

That sneaky bitch.

Now Camila would be forced to sit beside me. I began to panic and noticed that Camila was approaching my table as she too had noticed Dinah's impulsive behavior.

I decided to avoid Camila's eye contact and completely pretended I had no idea she was heading my way. I pretended to be really interested in my fingernail and began to pick at it.

I heard her clear her throat to gain my attention. How cute. When I looked up I noticed that Camila's cheeks were pretty flushed from embarrassment. She looked pretty tentative about speaking to me.

"Uhm... Dinah is sitting where I usually sit, so can I sit here?" Camila asked coyly. I smiled at how adorable she was, she wasn't always this confident cheerleader - I had noticed this vulnerability she possessed as well and that's what I liked the most.

I nodded in approval for her to sit beside me but once she sat down there was no time for talk as Mrs. Briggs had just walked into the room. Camila's scent filled the air as she sat beside me and I indulged in the beautiful scent that I associated with her and I was growing fond towards it.

I was worried about how I was starting to crave being in her presence. To hear her voice. Her scent. Her laugh. Her captivating eyes that drew you in.

Mrs. Briggs began explaining how there was too much changing going on in the room. "How do you expect me to get to know your names if you keep changing seats? The seats you are in today are the seats you will sit in for the rest of the year."

I slowly looked up to meet Camila's eyes. I wanted to ask her for her number so badly but I couldn't think of a way to ask. Her eyes were such a beautiful shade of brown; they were like a mug full of freshly brewed black-brown coffee and offered the same sense of comfort. I knew that sitting beside her for the rest of the year would distract me but I had no choice anymore as Mrs Briggs put us beside each other.

Half way through class during a boring presentation, I had an idea of how to ask Camila for her number. It probably sounded stupid but at least it was a legit reason to exchange numbers.

I leaned over and whispered in her direction, being careful not to get too close incase she got uncomfortable. "I was thinking maybe we should exchange numbers now. You know, since we're partners and-" I said nervously but not displaying it, hopefully.