7

The following morning we began the day bright and early as we had a game later on in the day. The basketball team all met down in the lobby and got some breakfast. Once we were finished we were ordered to head to the hotel's outdoor basketball courts.

"What happened with Normani last night after?" I asked Dinah as we were walking to the court.

She laughed lightly, "we sorted it out. She agreed to staying away from Shawn from now on," Dinah said happily.

I frowned and shook my head lightly, Normani was using Dinah and quite clearly was not going to stay away from Shawn.

"That's great, DJ," I said in return, forcing a smile.

Once we reached the court we immediately began warming up, then running and doing sprints. We then went into ball work and finished with a game.

We sat in a circle around the coach, I was panting from all the running I had done and took large gulps of water from the bottle I had brought with me.

"As we all know, we have our first game of the tournament later. It's against one of the weaker teams in the group so I'd expect a winning performance from you all," said the coach passionately.

I looked around the grounds, I wondered where the cheerleaders were or what they were doing. I wondered if Camila was practicing or if she was still in bed.

"Lauren!" I heard the coach yell loudly.

"Y-yes?" I replied, shaking myself out of my thoughts.

"I was saying," coach Terry began while rolling her eyes, "that you've been one of our most important players in past tournaments. I hope you can keep it up."

I felt my heart beat rise immensely. The pressure I was being put under all of a sudden was a lot to handle. I wasn't even sure if I could live up to my past performances, some of the teams here were amazing.

"Yes coach, of course," I answered trying to hide any hesitation that was present.

"We meet back in the lobby in two hours. The game starts at 12," the coach finished.

I checked my watch, it was now 9.30. I had to make sure Dinah and I didn't live up to our usual expectation of being late. We definitely could not be late today.

Once we were back at the hotel, Dinah made sure I came to her room instead of going back to mine. When we walked inside, I braced myself for Camila's presence but instead I saw that Dinah's room was empty.

I almost felt a little disappointed when I came to the realisation that it was just Dinah and I in the room.

"Camila's at cheerleading practice," Dinah began when she saw my eyes searching the room. "She was up at 6am this morning, the bitch woke me up. But yeah, don't worry. She isn't here to annoy you."

I laughed lightly at the fact that Dinah had been woken up so early, usually you needed to bang pots in Dinah's face before she would actually wake up. I almost smiled at the fact that Camila had been up so early, she was probably planning things for the cheerleader performance later on. She was so dedicated to her team.

"Good," I replied simply. Not knowing what else to say as I hadn't replied for a few seconds while I was in thought.

"Has she been bothering you lately?" Dinah asked curiously.