8

The following day was difficult for the whole team as most of them were hungover. I was one of the only people who hadn't got wasted last night.

So when early morning practice rolled around, I was the only chirpy one. It was like playing with a bunch of zombies. Even though I had drank a pretty high content of beer last night, it still wasn't enough to actually make me receive a hangover.

Dinah was all over the place and she could hardly even run properly. I laughed at her current state, she only got three hours sleep. I wondered how on earth our team would actually play a game later.

The coach looked like she was brimming with rage. She had asked us to stay away from alcohol and seemed unimpressed when most of the team attempted to play basketball like zombies.

The next thing I knew was that Coach Terry was pulling me to the side with a stern look on her face.

"Why are you the only one that is the slightest bit responsive?" she asked, referring to the mass of tired heads that were currently attempting to run.

"I don't know," I lied, I didn't want to get the girls into trouble by ratting them out.

"Was there a party?" Coach Terry asked in rage after a few moments.

I felt the warm breeze against my cheeks as I took a deep breath. I didn't know what to say in response to the woman as I was caught between lying and telling the truth.

"Not that I know of," I replied as calmly as I could. I chose to protect my friends. I also took into consideration that Camila would be in trouble if I told them where the party was.

Not that I wanted to protect Camila, but I couldn't stop thinking about her since the encounter last night. I tried to put her out of my head again as my eyes pierced into Coach Terry's in an attempt to appear confident and show no signs of fear.

"Okay, well tell them all to wake up a bit! We have a game to play soon," she replied, raising her voice so that my other team mates could hear.

I ran over to proceed in trying to take part in practice and gave my team mates warning looks when they looked like they weren't trying hard enough.

When we finally finished practice, Dinah declared that she was going to puke and did so in the bathrooms. I waited for the younger girl to finish and I took the moment to appreciate the quietness that mornings possess. 

The sun was beaming down on my face as I was leaning against the fence behind me. I tried to focus on the warmth that my face was now receiving but instead my mind wandered to the thoughts I desperately tried to push away.

I compared the warmth of the sun to the warmth I felt in my heart whenever I was actually with Camila. Or how it felt when her skin collided with mine. Or how soft her skin actually was.

I sighed, I hadn't seen Camila so far today but yet she was ever present in my mind and the thought of her was growing more and more prominent in the anticipation of seeing her.

Sometimes I compared Camila to the sun because all she ever seemed to do lately was actually bring me a strange feeling of warmth and I didn't know whether I liked that or not, but I felt drawn to her.

My thoughts were interrupted when Dinah burst out of the toilets holding her stomach, seemingly after puking. Her face was pale and she looked like she was about to puke again.

"You okay?" I said with a small smirk.

"I'm perfect, never better," Dinah replied sarcastically. "Maybe last night wasn't such a good idea."