t w o y e a r s l a t e r

July 4th, 2018

Dear mom,

It's been two years now. You know what I'm talking about... I'm so sorry, but I can't do this anymore. I need to be with Harry again, I hope you understand. Please give this letter to Lottie and Liam as well and tell Fizzy, Daisy, Phoebe, Doris and Ernie that I love them. And I'll watch them from above. I love you all so much, but I love Harry even more.

Lottie - I know you'll be so fucking mad at me when you're reading this. Please understand why I'm doing this. I just need Harry, he's the air I'm breathing and I can't go another day without him. Please, Lots, help the younger ones through life until they're older. Tell them I'm with you every second of your life. And if you want to talk, I'm always here for you. You might not hear me, but I'll hear you and I'm always there for you. I love you so much and I'm so proud of you.

Li - I'm really sorry, okay? I love you, but I couldn't love you as much as I love Harry. You know he's the love of my life and I need him so much. Please go and find the love of your life. If you ask me, I think it's Niall. The blonde one really likes you. I love you Liam, and I'm sorry I couldn't stay strong. Don't be too sad, I don't deserve your tears. I love you.

Dear Harry,

Today is the second anniversary of your death. I'm still not over you and I don't think I'll ever be. After you died, my mom brought me into some private clinic for depressive people or something like that. I was there for a little over five months, and when I returned home three days before my birthday, I met a guy in the streets. His name's Liam. He's beautiful and he's caring. He's my boyfriend since last new years eve, and I think I really love him. But I can't love him like I love you. Nobody compares to you.
But I'm ready to let go now. I'm ready to be with you again. I know you don't want me to, but I just can't be happy without you. I wrote a few letters to Lottie, Mom, and Liam. I took twelve sleeping pills now. I can already feel how my head's feeling dizzy. I'm going to lie down now, and soon I'll be with you. I love you so much. See you soon

Lou x

---

When Louis' body was found lifeless on July 4th, 2018 at 20:18 p.m., everyone knew it was bound to happen. The letters next to him explained everything. And if you looked at his face, you could see a little smile on his tear-stained lips. He was finally with his love again, after all what happened.
And if you listened carefully, you could hear Harry and Louis sing their song together. And if you cried over him, you would maybe not have seen that Louis stood right behind you, hugging you and whispering in your ear, that everything will be okay. But you would feel it.
Harry and Louis watched Louis' family mourning over their older brother and their eldest son, they saw Liam crying over his boyfriend, but they saw Niall caressing his cheek and whispering sweet things to him. And they knew they'll have their happy end, just like Harry and Louis had in the end.