Chapter Twenty One

Eddie stared at Jamie in shock. He was on one knee, holding her hand and offering her the most beautiful ring. She did not imagine this moment this way with both of them half-dressed but here it was. She didn't know how long she sat there before Jamie chuckled, "You want to give me an answer, I'm getting a little nervous."

Eddie leapt from the bed and threw her arms around Jamie's neck, "Yes..." she declared. "Yes, I will be your wife." Jamie held her tight and kissed her lips. "I was hoping you'd say that."

He slid the ring on her finger and kissed her hand. "That looks perfect there."

Eddie smiled up at him, "I feel perfect here. I love you so much and I could not be happier."

Jamie kissed her deeply, "This calls for a celebration. I got some nice bubble bath the other day...and some wine. You get the glasses and I will start the water."

When Eddie entered the bathroom with two wine glasses, the room smelled of lavender and lemongrass. Jamie had lit candles and was already in the hot water. He was more than ready to welcome Eddie into his arms. She removed her robe and stepped into the warm water sinking down and lying back in Jamie's arms.

He settled his arms around her and hugged her, "You will make the perfect Mrs. Reagan. There is so much of you that reminds me of my mother, you are strong, smart, a little sassy..."

Eddie smiled at the comparison to his mother. Jamie held her in high esteem and it warmed her heart that he thought of her that way. She picked up one of his hands and kissed it. "Jamie...I'm so happy," she whispered. "I'm scary happy. After everything I finally feel things are going okay, that we'll all be okay."

Jamie dropped a kiss on her head and enjoyed the feel of her in his arms. Suddenly she turned in the water and puffed some bubbles at him.

Jamie laughed at her antics, slowly she was becoming his old fun loving Eddie. The girl he though was the pretties female cop on the force since day one, the girl that held him when he cried over Danny, the girl her fell in love with. He had missed this side of her and was so glad it was resurfacing.

The next morning, Jamie took Eddie for waffles at her favorite diner. He laughed as she piled on strawberries, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream. After, Jamie and Eddie stopped by the family home to tell Frank and Henry the good news. Jamie and Eddie arrived holding hands, "Dad, you home?" he called out. It was a Saturday.

"In the den, Jamie!" Frank called out. "Everything okay?"

Jamie led Eddie to the den with a huge smile across his face. "Everything is more than okay, Dad. Where's Grandpa, we want to show him too."

"Show him?" Frank asked calling Henry to the room. Eddie looked like she was about to burst with excitement. Henry came into the den from the bedroom. "Where's the fire?" he asked.

Eddie couldn't wait another second, this was her family now. She held out her left hand proudly showing off the beautiful ring that Jamie has bestowed upon her the previous night. He slid an arm around her shoulders. "I asked Eddie to marry me, and she said yes."

Frank smiled ear to ear as Henry hurried to hug his new granddaughter. "Congratulations, it's about time. I knew since Danny was in the hospital this was going to be a silver lining on that black cloud."

Jamie accepted hugs and back slaps from his father and grandfather. Things really did seem to be coming full circle. Danny was reinstated, he was engaged to Eddie...she hadn't has a bad dream or scary incident. He looked down at Eddie, she was smiling, beaming actually. His pretty girl...with her blonde hair and sassy attitude. She was his now, forever to protect and comfort...soon she would be Mrs. Jamison Reagan...he couldn't wait for that day.