Chapter 1, Late Again

Marinette's POV:

She watched his beautiful emerald eyes stare intently into her blue ones; his arms wrapped around her waist. His eyes sparkled in a magical way. She could feel her cheeks flare up with embarrassment. He was so close to her; she could even smell him.

He leaned over her and his blonde hair dripped down and tickled her forehead. And slowly, he came closer. He closed his eyes and came even closer, each second her heart beat a hundred times. His lips brushed hers, so softly and gently and her heart stopped. She closed her eyes until she heard someone say softly:
'Marinette.'

She opened her eyes to see her green-eyed love gone and she was staring at the wall of her bedroom; her empty bedroom.

Her arms were still held up to where his neck had been; wrapped around it carefully, and she dropped them to her side.

'Marinette,' a small feminine voice called her.

Almost like Tikki, she thought. Tikki, who's Tikki? It sounds...so...familiar.

'Marinette,' this..."Tikki's" voice called again, this time in a desperate tone. 'Get up Marinette!'

Marinette, that must be me, she thought, and looked down to the ground. But I'm not sitting down, how am I supposed to get up?

'Marinette!' the faint voice shouted in her ear.

'How?' she called, her voice hoarse and strained.

'Marinette! Get up! You're late, again,' this time a different voice.

Again, so...familiar.

She stood where she was, staring at the wall of her bedroom, covered completely by pictures of the boy; the angelic one, he was just here...a moment ago. Where is he? Marinette thought. I wish he were back, she thought grimly.

Suddenly the world shook and Marinette was staring at her bedroom ceiling; her mum bent over her.

'Marinette! Finally! You have five minutes until school starts! Get up!' her mother said frantically.

'Oh my god!' she said, panicked and she shot up out of bed. 'Thank you mum!' she said as she rushed around her room, packing her bag and putting on her shoes.

Her mother shook her head and walked downstairs, bemused.

Her red friend with black spots like a ladybug appeared, with an amused expression. 'Marinette, you really have to get up earlier,' she said.

'I know Tikki,' Marinette said, distractedly. 'But right now I've just got to get to school.'

'Oh Marinette,' Tikki said with a giggle, 'was it Adrien?'

'Adrien...' Marinette stopped and stared dreamily at the wall of pictures of Adrien.

'Marinette!' Tikki said worriedly.

'What! Oh! Yes! Sorry Tikki! School!' she said, panicked again.

Tikki sighed and jumped into Marinette's purse, which Marinette then strung over her shoulder with her bag on her back and ran out.

Tikki bounced around in the purse while Marinette ran out the bakery her parents owned, and then to school.

When Marinette got to the lights, Tikki poked out of the purse, and seeing it was safe, flew to Marinette's shoulder and hid under the collar of her shirt.

Tikki looked up and saw Marinette's long dark hair flowing in the wind. 'Uh, Marinette?' she said.

'Sorry Tikki, no time,' Marinette whispered to her friend as the lights signalled for her to cross the road, and she started running into the school, then up the stairs to her classroom.

She opened the door hurriedly and burst in as the teacher, while looking down at her roll, called, 'Marinette?'

'Here,' answered Marinette, panting.

The teacher looked up, frowning. 'Nice of you to join us Marinette, take a seat please,' she said, nodding her head to the rows of seats in front of her.

Every seat was full except for one. Alya in her usual place, but Nino, having just made deeper attachments with Alya, had taken up Marinette's spot next to Alya, leaving only the seat next to...her heart skipped a beat from excitement and dread, as she saw Adrien sitting next to Nino's normal seat, smiling at her, and...was that...blushing? No, she thought as she timidly took up her seat next to her blond angel, it's my imagination.

Alya smirked and Marinette felt her phone buzz in her pocket silently. She took it out, and smiled when she saw it was from Alya.

Alya: Good morning. Wanna make it any closer next time girl?

Marinette: Yeah, sorry. I slept in.

Alya: Like always. Girl, what do you even do that makes you so tired?

Marinette felt her heart skip a beat as she thought of her late-night patrols with Chat Noir on the Paris rooftops; utterly free and happy.

Marinette: No idea...

Alya: Okay girl, but you gotta do something about it.

Marinette: Okay. ;)

Alya: ;)

Marinette put her phone to sleep and started putting it away again, when she felt it buzz in her hand again. She took it out and read.

Alya: By the way, nice hair girl. Adrien seems to think so too. xD

'What?' Marinette said out loud, confused.

She looked around, the class looked at her. Oops, she thought; blushing, and she could see Alya silently bursting with laughter.