Chapter 7, Dates

Marinette’s POV: -after school

‘Alya!’ Marinette said again, tugging on her friend’s arm, likely making it bruise.

‘Nino asked if you wanted to come to the movies with him, me and Adrien,’ Alya droned dully.

‘Why aren’t you excited?’ Marinette said, slightly put-off.

Alya glared at her, not unfriendly, just...annoyed. ‘I was, until the twentieth time you said it.’

Marinette looked at her friend for a moment with a challenging glare...until-they both burst out laughing.

‘Yeah, I know. Sorry, I’ll stop. Even if it is the best thing that’s ever happened to me in my entire life since the day I was born. The very minute, the very-’

‘Okay, okay I get it!’ Alya cut in, laughing. ‘But you do realised this has happened before, right? It’s not the first time.’

‘Okay...then it’s the second time that the best thing in my entire life, since the day, minute and second I was born, has happened,’ Marinette said, also laughing.

‘You know...this is like...my first date...with Nino...’ Alya said, blushing. ‘I mean...there was last time and all...but that was like...as friends...but this time-’

‘OH MY GOD ALYA! YOU’RE GONNA HAVE YOUR FIRST KISS WITH NINO TONIGHT!’ Marinette screamed.

Alya, annoyed, gestured with her hands to her friend to be quiet, also giggling.

Marinette, now downgraded to squealing, was hugging her friend in a bone-crushing embrace. ‘OH MY GOD ALYA!’ she quietly screamed.

When Marinette finally pulled away from her friend she smiled massively at her.

Alya, absent-mindedly brushing her hair over her ear, laughed and said, ‘I guess...’ and blushed.

Marinette smiled, thinking about how peculiar it was that her friend was the one now acting nervously and blushing, so unlike the way she’d come to know her friend, when she saw Adrien walking towards them with Nino.

Nino and Alya were blushing, and avoiding eye-contact when the boys came to a stop in front of the reversed-roll pair.

‘Hi,’ Marinette chirped suddenly no longer nervous.

‘Hi,’ Adrien said...nervously? No, she thought. Just...elsewhere with his thoughts...

‘I’m gonna go home first, but then I’ll meet you guys at the movies I guess?’ Adrien said.

Marinette smiled at him confidently and silently praised herself for her new cool. ‘Bye!’ she chirped again, and he left, smiling at her. Wow, how did I do that!? I like it; I wish I could always be like that! She thought happily.

She turned back to her blushing friends, normally the confident ones, and smirked, ‘actually, I’m gonna go home too,’ she said, to no one in particular.

Then casually she said, ‘Well, I don’t know how long Adrien is going to take, but I most certainly will not be there in a rush. You two should...maybe....get a coffee while you wait. I know this really nice place down the road from my bakery-’ probably the cutest, most romantic place she’d ever seen; a coffee shop, boarded on fancy restaurant...perfect for a cute couple to visit before their first date...she smiled wickedly as she went on, ‘-maybe you could...I dunno...go there and wait?’ she said.  ‘Plus definitely get food and drinks, because we might take quite a while...’ Marinette added casually, and she slipped away after smiling and winking at her best friend.

Now home.