Chapter 2, It Stung

Adrien's POV - Earlier that morning:

Ladybug was lying on top of him. He could feel his face blushing madly; her breath came down onto his face, caressing it slightly. He could feel her stare with her beautiful sapphire eyes, into his green ones. She was leaning in closer, as if going to kiss him. His heart was racing so fast he felt like he was going to faint. She was closing her eyes as she came closer and closer.

Then suddenly, she started to fade, and someone else faded in front of him until she became opaque, and leaning over him, was...Marinette?

Why Marinette? He thought, confused.

And to his utter surprise, as she took Ladybug's place, leaning into him, getting closer and closer, his heart started beating even faster, and the heat in his face grew hotter and spread from his cheeks, to all over his face.

He closed his eyes, and suddenly heard a strange beeping sound.

He opened his eyes, and sat up in his bed. Marinette was gone, and he couldn't help but feel lonely.

He couldn't see Plagg, so he looked around and spotted him next to his pillow, sleeping soundly.

Adrien wanted to wake his friend up, but he couldn't bring himself to, so he was left all alone.

He walked around his room; packing his bag and picking up items of clothing, replacing his pyjamas with his normal clothes.

He walked over to his computer screen and turned it on. In the corner of the screen the time flashed: "8:03 a.m." He unlocked the computer and the desktop picture flashed in front of him. His heart warmed and he couldn't help his smile that slid onto his face as he saw the picture of Marinette and him when they went to the movies.

He smiled fondly at the memory; how Marinette had fallen asleep on his shoulder; how she had looked so cute while she was asleep.

The next photo came onto the desktop of Marinette poking her tongue out at him and his phone.

He clicked an application on the desktop and opened the gallery of pictures; clicking on the album from that night at the movies.

The first two pictures were the ones that had been his background pictures. The next one was of Marinette kissing Adrien's cheek, with her cheeks burning.

He could feel his face burning and noticed that he was staring at the Marinette, frozen in time.

He changed it to the next photo; it was of Alya and Nino just before they started dating. He looked to the corner of the screen and started laughing when he saw that Marinette was photo-bombing the cute selfie of the two, pulling a funny face.

Plagg woke up 'What is that horrible, loud noise that's disturbing my sleep?' he said sleepily and annoyed.

'Plagg!' Adrien said.

'Yes, yes, I know I'm amazing. Where's the camembert for breakfast?' he demanded.

'On the table,' Adrien mumbled.

He watched the Kwami fly to the cheese and eat it greedily.

Adrien could hear someone walk up to his bedroom and knock on the door. Plagg hid under one of Adrien's cushions, and Adrien called out, 'Come in.'

Nathalie opened the door and took one step into the room before saying. 'It's time to leave for school. Are you ready yet?' she asked, and then looked at the computer screen, which was showing photo of Marinette kissing Adrien's cheek as his desktop background.

Nathalie frowned. 'When was this?' she asked. 'You never said anything about going out.'

Adrien laughed nervously. Oh god, he thought. 'Please don't tell my father,' he said. 'Please,' he added.