Chapter 6, Doubled

Chapter 6:

Adrien’s POV:

Marinette-ahh, how he loved the sound of that name-had run out of the classroom far too quickly. Adrien was worried, and he couldn’t get it off his mind.

‘What can I do?’ Adrien asked Nino.

‘I dunno, dude. Sorry,’ he replied. ‘But hey, I’m sure Marinette’s fine anyway. She does have Alya.’

Adrien laughed, ‘Yeah, she does.’ And poking his friend and laughing, he added, ‘and so do you.’

‘Dude, I know right. I’m so lucky,’ he said, smiling, and slightly dazed.

‘Hey!’ Adrien exclaimed.

‘What?’ Nino asked, nonchalantly.

‘What about if we go to the movies again?’ Adrien asked Nino.

‘Dude, that’s actually brilliant. Then I could make a move with Alya! Such as perfect opportunity...’ Seeing the look on his friend’s face, Nino added, ‘and so can you...haha.’

Adrien turned around and looked forward, as they were walking to their next class.

Then suddenly, he saw Alya and Marinette walking side-by-side, Marinette’s hair still out, hanging by her shoulders-Beauty’s definition, Adrien thought dreamily.

Adrien smiled and waved at them. Marinette blushed and waved back shyly-So cute...

Nino, seeing that his friend’s hand was still waving in the air, put Adrien’s hand down as they walked over to Alya and Marinette, Marinette and Adrien both blushing.

‘Hey dudes, we were just saying how we were gonna go to the movies tonight. Wanna tag along; there’s always room for more?’ he said as casually as Adrien would have managed, had it been yesterday. Wow, only yesterday I didn't know I loved Marinette. And now look at me! he thought, laughing awkwardly to himself.

Marinette appeared to be holding in a giggle-So cute...
-as Alya smiled and said,

‘Oh my god, I love the movies! It could be like last time we went. That was so fun!’

Alya turned to her friend, ‘What about you Marinette. Coming?’ she said.

‘Haha...fun,’ Marinette said, dazed.

‘Marinette,’ Alya said. ‘Marinette,’ she repeated, this time sharply.

Marinette snapped out of her daze and looked at Alya, then at Nino, then at Adrien, as Adrien could feel the treacherous heat rise to his face yet again, as she said, ‘What? Oh! Yes-Sure-Definitely! I’ll b-be there!’ she said, smiling cutely.

Adrien and Nino, smiling at the girls, left again and continued walking to the classroom, when suddenly, another figure appeared from around the corner.

‘Adrikens,’ she purred. ‘Daddy’s gotten tickets to the new amusement park for tonight. How perfect I got two, right?’ she asked sweetly.

Adrien laughed and scratched the back of his neck, thinking up some excuse to use, ‘Haha, yeah. You and Sabrina; perfect.’

Chloe laughed, ‘oh Adrikens, you’re so funny. I’ll meet you at the amusement park tonight at 7:00 sharp-don’t be late!’

‘Uh-oh,’ Adrien said. ‘What am I supposed to do?’

Nino shrugged, ‘sorry dude, never been in this situation before; my eyes can only see The One,’ he said in mock wisdom.

Adrien nudged him, ‘yeah, but not before “The One” was Marinette,’ he said, just realising something. ‘Hey, you know, Marinette’s actually really liked. I mean, Nathanael-’ (Adrien could suddenly feel a new-found dislike for the red-head, that he hated himself for) ‘-liked Mari, and so did you, before Ladybug put you into that cage with Alya-and then now me. Wow, she’s incredible,’ he said admirably.

‘Haha, yeah, but not nearly as “liked” as you are,’ Nino said.

Adrien looked at his friend questioningly.

‘Oh please-’ Nino said. ‘-The girls?’

Adrien continued to look confusedly at his friend.

‘Seriously?’ Nino said. Adrien nodded. ‘You can’t be serious?’ Adrien nodded. ‘All those girls; you’re “fans,”’ Nino continued.

Adrien didn’t understand.

Nino faced palmed. ‘All those girls that crowd around your posters,’ Nino said, as if it were an adequate explanation.

When Nino didn’t explain further Adrien asked, ‘Yeah? What about them?’

Nino looked at him incredulously, ‘they all “like” you. What did you think, that they were just looking at the clothes?’ Nino joked.

Adrien nodded, not hearing the rhetoric in the question.

Nino faced palmed again, this time sighing. ‘God, you really are dense,’ he said.

Adrien felt slightly offended, but kept it to himself. ‘Okay, so...what do I do about tonight then?’