Chapter 8, With Adrien

Nino's POV: -Just after school

Nino was excited. This could be it-we might finally kiss! He couldn't hide his excitement and nervousness from his blond friend, who had been walking next to him since their last class had finished, and hadn't stopped going on about it in hushed whispered all throughout the class.

'I'm happy for you,' Adrien said, smiling nearly as widely as Nino. 'This might be the day,' he almost sang.

Nino grinned so wide his cheeks hurt. 'I can't believe-'

'OH MY GOD ALYA! YOU'RE GONNA HAVE YOUR FIRST KISS WITH NINO TONIGHT!' Marinette's screaming cut him off.

Nino could feel a flash-flood of burning on his face, he felt so hot, that he was slightly worried he might faint.

Adrien was grinning, 'seems like they're thinking the same thing. Though it seems Marinette's more excited than anyone else here,' he said, and burst out laughing.

Nino started laughing too, if only to release the tension and to encourage the blushing to go away.

The boys had stopped laughing by the time they'd gotten close enough to the girls for Alya and Marinette to notice them.

Nino couldn't make eye contact with Alya, he felt bad, but he was too embarrassed to.

'Hi,' Marinette chirped-Wait...chirped? He'd never heard her like that before...

'Hi,' Adrien replied nervously. 'I'm gonna go home first, but then I'll meet you guys at the movies I guess?' he said.

Marinette smiled at him confidently –how weird, and chirped 'bye!' and Adrien left his friend all alone...oh no!

Then Marinette said, smirking, 'actually I'm gonna go home too.

'Well, I don't know how long Adrien is going to take, but I most certainly will not be in a rush. You two should...maybe...' Oh no...she's leaving! Nino panicked, '...get a coffee while you wait. I know this really nice place down the road from my bakery.' –There was only one cafe on Mari's street...Nino had been past enough to know which one she was talking about... 'Maybe you could...I dunno...go there and wait?' she said. 'Plus definitely get food and drinks, because we might take quite a while...' she added, and then slipped away and left them all alone.

Neither of them, both with their eyes downcast-or looking pretty much anywhere that wasn't each other, said anything as they stood in awkward silence, unsure of what to do.

After a few minutes, Nino finally decided to ask, 'so...do you wanna go to that cafe...or not?'

Alya looked up and finally met his stare, 'S-sure,' she stammered, and together they both walked towards their first date.