My Life Spells 'Complicated'

[Changed Ashyln's appearance.]

Chapter 1

Ready for school? Check! I wore a dark, red and short-sleeved sweater which clung to the curves of my waist along with black tights followed with boots.  Ordinary? Nooo, whatever I wore seemed to be like the trend of the week. It was really tiring. Twins set? Sigh...not check. “ELENOR NICOLE CAROL! CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF THE CIELING FAN!?” I yelled out, huffing as I looked back over to Lena, Eli’s twin sister who stood at my room’s doorway. Lena was looking up at my room’s fan where my other sister’s old shoe laces were tangled around. The shoes dangled off the ceiling. Both sisters were identical of course but I was the only one who could ever tell them apart. My own father couldn’t even tell which was which. Of course the alcohol had gotten to his head as soon as my mother took her leave. She abandoned us...and I, my whole life...I’ve realized why. I threw my hair brush onto the bed, smoothing out my naturally straight brown hair out of my brown eyes.

“Ash, what about lunch?” The quiet, but mischievous Lena asked, tugging on my arm. Both sisters were only 9 years old while I was 18.

“Here. This is all I have right now. I have work right after school so go to Jenny’s house okay? Oh, share that with Eli will you?” I pleaded, bending down and kissing the top of Lena’s small head after putting a 20 dollar bill in her petite hand. Her hair smelled like the strawberry shampoo she had begged me to buy for her 2 weeks ago. Eli on the other hand had asked for a green apple scented one. I rolled my eyes at the thought, but smiled as well. I could never bring myself to dislike my younger sisters in any way. They were all I had aside from my drunk of a father who rarely ever came home. That was why I never left them home alone. In case he ever came back...because he would beat them when I’m not around. Just like he beat me when my mother left us.

I snapped out of my thoughts, running down the empty house’s steps and running into the kitchen with my Jansport bag slung over my right shoulder. Sweet mother of...Eli looked like she was all set for school but there was one thing that I would get looks for. Her hair. “Oh my god, Eli!? You didn’t comb your hair! The school bus is almost here!” I yelled in a frantic state.

Eli gave me a toothy grin and stopped eating her toast, coated with jam. She hopped off her chair and giggled. “You’re really funny, Ashlyn. You should see your face.” She laughed and I found myself falling for her childish charm.

“Get over here, c’mon.” I laughed, unable to stop because of the bird’s nest that sat on Eli’s head.

After I had finally gotten both twins set for school, I left for high school. As I walked, I pulled out my cell phone and turned it on. My jaw dropped in disbelief. “Sh-t!”

A horror of 25 new text messages and 12 missed calls stared back at me from the phone’s screen. Guess who? Kyle, my boyfriend, 15 messages and 9 calls. My best friend Alexandra, or Alex as I called her had sent the other 10 text messages and 3 calls. They must have done this during the weekends. Thing was, I have my phone off just in case my father finds out I have a phone. My face grew red at the thought of my boyfriend...due to peer pressure I had given into having sex with him.

FLASHBACK

“You haven’t had sex yet? You are like the ‘IT’ girl of the school! You MUST have had sex sometime. Anytime? I’m your best friiieeennnddd, tell meeeee. You know you want to.” Alex cooed, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. I rolled my eyes, moving my brown bangs out of my face with the sweep of my right hand.

“My business, not yours Alex.”

“But Kyle is so edible! That body! Just...mmm mm good...” She trailed off, her eyes glazing over. I laughed and playfully punched her shoulder. Truth is, I don’t think I’m ready for sex. Kyle is sweet and all...hot even. That blonde hair and blue eyes, he has the golden boy look all covered. Being a skilled soccer player, he has the 6-pack, everything a girl wants. Kyle’s smile is just perfect. He’s perfect himself. So why is it that I don’t feel that legendary spark when I’m with him? Maybe if I have sex with him...I’ll feel it?

FLASHBACK ENDED

Oh how wrong I was to think that. Once I arrived at school, the warning bell had rung and I rushed to get to my first class. Joy. History. I’ve always been good at history...but our teacher never bothers getting to the interesting stuff. Boo.

(Yay, first chapter done! I've got alot to write...I'm looking through stories...any that you recommend? 2nd chapter will be up soon. Please bare with the boring-ness of the first few parts xD I know it's really crappy but I hadn't put much work into this. The first few chapters might be rushed but hopefully I'll get better.)