These Thoughts are too Much

(Still looking for someone to be Jared. As for Alexandra, you'll see her in the next chapter)

Chapter 3

JARED'S POV

Beautiful. I know I shouldn't be thinking that way, I am the teacher here. But I couldn't help myself. The looks that crossed her face whenever she thought about whatever it is that was on her mind, I couldn't help but catch that faraway gaze. I had tried to focus on writing up more notes for everyone to take down but instead, I found my eyes drifting back to Ashlyn Carol. By the looks of it, she was friends with the giggly Alexandra. With the amount of people occasionally coming by to talk to Alexandra, one could only assume she was popular. On the other hand, Ashlyn didn't seem like the popular type. It's human nature to categorize people as soon as your eyes focus on the person. And what I saw was someone independent, quiet and very lost in her own world. It was as if someone had to speak to her just to get Ashlyn to snap out of it. So I did. I got her to stay back after the bell had rung but instead, I watched her smooch with her boyfriend, Kyle. Hello? I'm standing right here. No, I wasn't jealous because my students were making out in front of me, but I was annoyed with this Kyle's guts.

I wasn't going to molest his girlfriend or something like  that. But was it wrong to say that I thought she was a teacher before she uttered the words "Am I late?"...she really looked mature for her age. Eyes of experience stared back at me before she left the room, a hint of a smile playing on her face. I had to know more about Ashlyn Carol.

This was my first day at work and already, someone had gotten my curiosity sparked. My cousin, the son of my mother's sister was the principal at school. He's years older than me. While I'm 23, he's a whopping 35, 12 years older than me. We didn't spend much time together as we were younger. He was in highschool by the time I was born. On top of that, Richard Simons lived far off from where my family lived. We didn't get to know each other until I applied for a job at this school. And  I needed a job. My last one as a bartender didn't work so well.

You see, I had gotten into a fight after one of the customers mistreated a young lady. Call me Prince Charming if you may but if I hear a woman in distress, I help. I hate being a bystander.

ASHYLN'S POV

As I walked along the hallways and into the school's atrium, I finally found who I was looking for. It was strange, because of a schedule screw-up we now had lunch right after our spare. It didn't happen very often...never, to be exact (in this school anyways). I speed-walked over to my boyfriend who stood against a wall, whistling while checking the time on his watch. Did I take that long? "Kyle!"

"Hey, you." He hugged me. His mesmerizing blue eyes were dancing right now, telling me that he was happy about something. Kyle and I hadn't known each other since childhood or anything like that. At Alexandra's 14th birthday party in 9th grade, we immediately clicked.

FLASHBACK

I had gone out to get some air. Who knew that Alex had older siblings who brought in alcohol to the party? Not me. The whole place had reeked of alcohol and I was getting dizzy from the cramped space and lack of air. So I had headed out. I guess someone else had followed me because I jumped at the male's voice. "Hey." He said. I turned to face him with a look of uncertainty on my face. He wasn't drunk was he?

"Aha, you should see the look on your face right now. You look like somebody just stole your underwear." And with those words, my jaw had dropped. He was certainly speaking like he was drunk. He raised an eyebrow at my expression

"Geez, you're no fun. What got up your...wait, the underwear jokes didn't work with you. Just going to guess this one won't either. I just followed the pretty girl out to see if she was alright." He stated, running a hand through his brownish-blonde blended hair.

"Well, sorry for boring you. But pretty girl is perfectly fine, thank you. It's Ashlyn by the way" I had snapped back with an impatient sigh. Can I go home now?

FLASHBACK ENDED

I came back into reality with a blink. Okay, so it wasn't exactly clicking...but that was how we met. It wasn't until later when we became friends. I realized I had begun to like him the more time I spent with him and his lunatic behaviour. But of course, he joined the soccer team and soon our relationship became a bit strained. We didn't have much time to see each other...but we were here now and for that, I couldn't be happier.

Only there was that feeling again, like my life was dull compared to how it had been the first year of high school. 

"Hello? Ashyln? You seem to be doing that a lot lately." Kyle had said while I smiled.

"I was just thinking about the first time we met." I stated with a light shrug, still smiling. Kyle grinned in return, rubbing the back of his head.

"Yeah, well...you weren't exactly an easy nut to crack." He laughed while I punched his arm. Instead of him recoiling in pain, it was me. My knuckles throbbed as I shook my hand in pain. "Ow, ow, ow! Please tell me if you are on steroids. I can help you." I feigned the voice of a female guidance counsellor or something. Kyle  chuckled and I lifted his arm and put it around my shoulder. In response, Kyle pulled me in closer.

"Wanna ditch?" He asked me while looking down at me, his piercing and ice-blue eyes searching for an answer from my expression. How could I resist? My schedule wasn't exactly the best.

"Alright!" I shouted, earning a few glances from the people in the atrium. I giggled, following after Kyle. Did I really love him? I've known him for a long while now, 4 years. We've been dating for the same amount of time as well. So why is it that I stay with him? The answer came right away. "It's because you're afraid you'll lose him as not only a lover but a friend if you let him go." At the very thought my expression changed.

A look of confusion and sadness clouded my face as I watched Kyle jog over to his car in the parking lot. "Hurry up before someone notices!" He shouted, waving both hands. I sighed, shaking my head and smiling. I just didn't want his smile to disappear. I wanted to make Kyle happy. Even if I didn't love him. "But will it hurt him more when I tell him the truth?" I wondered, shaking the thought from my head. I didn't want to think of what would eventually happen.

I jogged after Kyle and slipped into his car.

5 hours later

After cleaning the countertop at Dairy Queen (Oh yeah, that's where I work. But the lady who owns this place has been long time friends with my mother. She pays me extra because she knows my situation) I waved a quick 'bye' to Caroline, my mother's friend since college. I smiled to myself, thinking of how after we ditched school, Kyle and I had gone to his place to just hang out for a while. It felt nice. I really hadn't seen the joker side of Kyle in a while. He was always so focused on sports anyways. Life seemed so perfect at this point.

I crossed the road, thinking of how perfect my life could be even with my father in the backround. At that moment, I turned to the screeching sound of car tires. They came closer but my feet were glued to the road; my whole body's movement had shut down due to fear. I gasped as the car hit my side. As I fell back onto the pavement, the back of my head hit the road and I lay there. My vision blurred as I struggled to keep awake. "Hey, hey! Don't fall asleep! Don't dflgdlhfdjhkgd." The rest of his words came out in a haze as I tried to listen to whatever this man was telling me. My last thought was "What about the twins?" Before I slowly closed my eyes, the numbing pain had disappeared completely as I fell into a deep sleep.

(Oh noes D : Who hit her with their car? Take a wild guess x3 )