Sleeping Beauty

Ashlyn's Point of View

The sound of birds chirping  happily brought me out of my slumber. I felt like I had just emerged from swimming hours in the Pacific Ocean or something. I just felt so tired and sore. I winced as I turned my face to the side, my cheek was still sore and I was assuming it had bruised too. Dad had slapped me pretty hard...It was all starting to come back to me. I opened my mouth to yawn, ignoring the pain in my cheek for a brief moment. Something seemed off. How had I gotten to bed. Wait. More importantly...where was I...?

I blinked, panicking and getting up. "Lena...Eli.." I called out for the twins, my voice had come out hoarse. Water. I needed water.

It was then that I spotted someone stirring next to me, the bed cover slowly was pulled off by muscular arms and I just gaped at the sight of my history teacher lying next to me. I kid you not, my jaw was hanging.

"Careful, a bug might invade." His fatigued voice filled my ears. 

"What?"

"Your mouth." He chuckled and turned back the other way, yawning loudly.

"What on earth...why am I here?" I asked aloud, expecting an answer because I was confused and could not even grasp the fact that this wasn't a dream. I pinched my arm twice. Nope, not a dream fantasy with Jared. 

"Kyle...where is he?" I questioned further, sitting up. "And why am I in a bed...with you?" I put both hands on my cheeks trying to put the puzzle pieces together. I heard loud snoring beside me and I huffed in frustration and stuck my leg out and forced him off the bed. He was quick on his feet and stopped his fall somehow because I didn't hear an audible crash like I was hoping. Just a soft thud

"That was rude." He rolled his eyes as he got up, stretching. A glorious figure stood in front of me. A chiseled and bare chest stared back at me. Well he was staring too but he was totally smug about his figure. "You like?" 

I feigned a groan and stuck out my tongue. "Bite me." I grunted, crossing my arms across my chest like an angry five year old. "Where are the twins. What happened while I was out?"

"So you aren't even going to say thank you to yours truly, Prince Charming?" He ran a hand through his hair, still looking as glorious as ever. He knew he was sexy. I averted my eyes, feeling slightly timid.

"Uh...no. You anything but charming." I almost started to laugh before I stopped myself by covering my mouth with a hand. "Seriously though, Jared, where are they?"

"They're with Alexandra, Kyle dropped them off. They are fine, in fact I sent them a picture of you peacefully sleeping." He whipped out it his cellphone and showed me a picture...I normally wouldn't be angry because it was so thoughtful of him but the man actually had edited the picture and had drawn on a moustache among other things onto my face. Although, I had to be honest with myself. The twins would have loved it. I sighed. "Delete that."

"No, it's my favourite wallpaper." He chuckled, looking at it with a thoughtful face before slipping his phone into his pocket.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty."

"...oh my god...who changed my clothes?!" I screamed, looking down to see that I was wearing what looked like a dress shirt. and it was way too big for me. I was just about to lift the shirt up to see what I was wearing underneath before Jared stopped me with the clearing of his voice. 

"Ahem...still here." He raised his hand while covering his eyes. "By the way, you changed your clothes. I know for a fact you weren't drinking last night, think long and hard."

I closed my eyes and could vaguely remember being handed a shirt and a large pair of shorts. I had managed to button the shirt on but I just threw the shorts to the side before collapsing on the couch.

"Okay, that still doesn't explain how I got here."

"I didn't want to wake you you weren't supposed to sleep on the couch, I was." He put bluntly, sighing. 

More flashes from last night emerged and I sighed. "Oh..." I exhaled softly, remembering why I had gotten up in the middle of the night. 

"You were crying, you had a bad dream."

Oh I remembered all right. I slipped into bed with an older man! Much less, my history teacher. He's a teacher. "Oh now you choose to remind me, thanks brain. So kind of you."

"I am so sorry."

"It's okay, you were scared." He responded, folding his arms across his sculpted beauty of a ches--

"Okay, that's quite enough there." If I could mentally cringe right now I would so be doing so.

"I'm still sorry though I shouldn't have done that."

----

Flashback to Previous Night

I woke up with a start, my tears still fresh upon my face as I sat up, panicked. My breathed was ragged and rough. Short, terrified breaths. I looked around for the nearest source of comfort. I wished the twins were here. I would have cuddled the both of them and it would have comforted me right away.

Then I saw him, breathing slowly as I was asleep. I got up, not even bothering to tip toe and I ran over to him and tugged on the blanket that covered half his body. 

He woke up, slowly at first, but his eyes widened when he realized what stood before him. "I'm scared." I shivered, I wiped my the left side of my face feeling another tear slip by. 

"Shh." He sat up and hesitated, before taking my hand in his, the same way he had when he had placed me in the car. "I'm here, and nothing will hurt you."

His words were reassuring and my breathing had become steady. But I was still so tired. "Don't leave." I whispered, before I even knew what I was saying. 

"No one is leaving." He responded, a pained look on his face. I grasped his hand in both of mine, still trying to feel something warm. His hands were so warm, the feeling just spread. I didn't ask for permission as I climbed onto the bed with him, one knee first. I pushed myself onto the bed and he had instinctively moved over. 

I took his hand again, as I lay there, looking up at the ceiling. I was crying again. He didn't let go and just gently whispered to me, still watching me with those ever bright, green eyes, saying that it would be okay and that I was safe. I felt myself dozing off again, weariness taking over.

End of Flashback

---- 

"Earth to princess." A hand waved in front of my eyes before I was brought back into reality. "Remember anything new?"

I scoffed in spite of myself. "No." I responded grumpily.

"I liked you better when you were sleeping beauty," Jared yawned once more, and I watched him, but not with a sarcastic look as per usual.