You Have A Nightmare

Ross: You wake up to strong hands shaking your body back and forth. “Baby, wake up,” he whispers. Your eyes flash open, tears leaking down them. “I think you were having a nightmare,” he says quietly. And then, everything comes back to you, all of the terrifying dreams. You bite your lip, and nod your head when tears stream down them. He crushes you to his chest in an instant, stroking your hair until you fall asleep again. 

Riker: “Shh, it’s okay,” he whispers, holding you tightly. “It’s just a dream, it’s not really happening,” he says, a yawn interrupting him. You sniff, “Okay.” He rubs circles into your back, trying his best to calm you down. “Everything’s fine,” he quietly reassures you. He rocks you back and forth, telling you happy things to get your mind off of it. “You’re way to beautiful to be frowning, where’s that smile?”

Rocky: He listens intently as you tell him everything about the horrible nightmare you have, not once interrupting you. When you’re finished, he looks at you astonished. “What?” you ask, wiping away the tears. “Why wasn’t I there?” he questions. “Why weren’t you where?” you ask confused. “In your dream, why wasn’t I there? That’s why you had a nightmare, because I wasn’t there to protect you,” he says, playfully shaking his head, making you laugh. 

Ratliff: You woke up crying because of the awful dream you had, and Ellington kept begging you to tell him what it was about. After you kept your lips sealed for over five minutes, he started guessing. “What is about dinosaurs? Iguanas? No! It was sharks wasn’t it? I knew it!” he teased. You felt a laugh leave your mouth, and he smiled in response. “See, I can make you feel better,” he says seriously, kissing your cheek. 

Ryland: He jumped up in bed, hearing a shriek from next to him. He watched as you cried and sniffed in your dream, and he softly nudged you to wake you up. He pulled you up from your spot on the bed, practically on top of him. “It’s okay,” he repeated over and over again, until your sobs eased. “It was just a dream okay?” he said tiredly, wiping your eyes for you. When you couldn’t go back to sleep, he turned on a funny movie, making you forget about the past events.