Prologue to Dawn of War

Prologue 

In a world filled with thieves, blood thirsty mercenaries, mages, and noble knights, a war begins to dawn between the lands of Kyridia. For centuries, Trindesios has lived in a prosperous time, until the leader of Histerniya attacked the lands in a mad rage for power. Many lives have been lost by his hand, and his army. His army is legendary, and undead. 

The leader of Histerniya is an evil man named, Trinteion. So long has he crept in the shadows, lurking with the spirits that dwell beyond this Earthly realm. Somehow, he has slipped through the veil and returned, but he was transformed into an abomination, a terrible abomination. When he returned from the spirit realm, his mind was taken over by so many spirits, that he is just a hollow shell that allows others to take control whenever they please. All that is left of him is a human body. Trinteion no longer exists. He is now only a memory that faded. 

These spirits that control Trinteion are known as, The Captivators. They lure their prey by promises of their heart’s desire, and then steal their souls. Many spirits in the spirit realm have different abilities. Since Trinteion entered the veil, it created a rip in the balance, and now spirits roam Trindesios freely. They began to fill Trinteion’s mind with the secrets of the dark arts and forced him to raise an undead army. With so many spirits inside his head, and the smell of rotting corpses surrounding him, he finally let go. The spirits trapped his mind in a nightmare after he finally tried to stop them. His mind is trapped within this nightmare and stays dormant and tortured. These spirits are beginning to manipulate the minds of many others now. If something is not done about the rip in the veil, then more powerful spirits will begin to come out of the veil and take control of the world. The longer a spirit dwells in the Earthly realm, the more they start to materialize. If this goes on much longer, then the world will fall to corruption and be swallowed by the shadows of the darkness.