Chapter 8

“We have to wake her up!” Shouted Aurora. Sam grabbed her arm and shook his head. He looked at her with a serious expression and said, “Before she went in after you, she made me promise not to let anyone wake her. She said it wouldn’t be complete. You both would get hurt, because she is in your dream. I just hope she comes back.”

“What do you mean?” Asked Aurora in a scared voice. Sam looked at Clare’s unmoving body and then at the floor. Aurora was about to say something, but Ravin put a hand on her shoulder. She threw her arms around her and said, “I’m scared, Ravin. What if she doesn’t come back? It would have been all my fault!” She began to cry softly in Ravin’s arms. In a voice as soft as silk and as quiet as a whisper, Ravin raised Aurora’s chin and said, “Hush now. It is going to be all right.” She started to stroke Aurora’s long hair and continued.

“She is strong, you know that. She will be just fine.” Aurora wiped her eyes and looked at Ravin and said, “I hope you’re right.” Sam looked at Ravin in awe. He thought to himself, “I wouldn’t have even known what to tell her. I guess there are somethings a man can’t do for his child. She sees me as her father, and I don’t even know what to do.” 

“Ravin? Will you sing me a song? Sam used to sing to me and it would make me feel a lot better. Will you?” Ravin looked at Sam and his face turned bright red. He turned away trying to avoid her eyes. Ravin smiled and then looked down at Aurora. 

“I might know a song.” Aurora sniffed and half smiled.

“Let’s see, how did it go? I think it went something like this:

“The sun will rise in another tomorrow

The day will dawn and wash away all sorrow

Close your eyes and feel the wind wipe across your face

Close your eyes and feel my warm embrace

Let the world be yours

Hush now, my little one

The day has just begun

Hush now, my dear

The skies are clear

With everyday you grow stronger

With every challenge seems longer

Through the restless nights

And the pointless fights,

You will rise

Hush now, my little one

The day has just begun

Hush now, my dear

The skies are clear”

As Ravin sings Aurora sniffs and wipes a way tears. Sam begins to sing the next verse

“Take my hand and come with me

We will sail across the sea

I will keep you out of harms way

I will always be here to stay

I will protect you”

Sam continues to sing the chorus, and Ravin joins in and they both sing.

“Hush now, my little one

The day has just begun

Hush now, my dear