Chapter 7

As the sun came up, and everyone else was asleep, Sam approached Clare’s tent. 

“Clare? Clare.” Clare opened her eyes and saw Sam sitting down in front of her. “What are you doing?” Asked Clare in a surprised voice. 

“I can’t sleep. I’m afraid Aurora is having a nightmare.”

“How do you know?” Asked Clare. Sam stared at his hands and said, “She won’t stop moving. She is usually still when she sleeps, but she has been sleeping fitfully all night.” Clare looked at him with concern.

“How long has she been doing this?” Asked Clare in a serious voice. Sam looked at her with worry in his eyes and told her, “After we all talked last night, I went back to our tent and I found her like that. What does that mean?” Clare looked straight into his eyes and answered, “It means she is stuck in the demon realm. She may not be having a nightmare, but she is having a dream she cannot get out of. Its hard to explain, but she isn’t aware it is a dream. Being in the demon realm and being a mage, it means the demons can still posses you, but it is less likely. The only way she will lose her soul, is if she engages them in battle and looses. There is actually one other way. The demon will lure her in by promising something she has always desired. If she excepts it and decides to stay, then she will lose her soul.”

“We need to get her out of there, now.”

“Agreed.” Sam left her tent and she got dressed.

Clare and Sam approached Sam’s tent.

“What do we have to do?”

“Wake everybody up. If things go wrong, the you will have to kill me. No matter what happens, I will bring her back.”

“Will it really come to that?”

“It might. Now go. I will set everything up.” Sam did as she said and everyone gathered outside of Aurora’s tent. Clare told all of them to wait there until she came out. She told them the same thing she told Sam and they all agreed. Inside the tent, Clare placed a ball of light above Aurora’s head.

“What is that for?” Asked Sam.

“So she will know where the light is when it gets dark. Most mages use candles, but since I can manipulate light and energy, there is no need. Now that light will only be lit for about an hour. If I have not gotten her out by then, panic. All right, I’m going to need you to stay in here with Aurora. When she wakes up, calm her. She will more than likely freak out, but that is common. If she wants to sleep afterwards, then that should be fine. If I don’t come back within the hour though, wake her back up. I will be right back.”

Clare left the tent and entered her own. When she got what she needed, she turned and was about to leave until Drakor entered her tent.

“Clare, may I speak with you for a moment.” She approached him. He looked at his feet then back at her. He finally took a deep breath and said, “Just, just come back to me-I mean us. We need you. I need you.” Clare smiled at him. She was about to walk past him when she stopped.

“If I don’t come back as myself, will you be the one to kill me?”

“What? No. That is not an option. You will come back, and you will be fine.” Clare half way smiled and looked at him. He grabbed her hands and said, “Clare, you are the strongest person I know, you can do this. I know you can.”

 He pulled her closer until their bodies where inches apart. He gazed into her eyes.  She gazed back. She was about to pull back when Drakor cupped her cheek with his hand. She closed her eyes and he drew her even closer. Her lips found his and she stood in his embrace. When he finally pulled back, their breathes where raging. He whispered in her ear, “Come back to me, Clare.” She nodded and they both left her tent. Everyone wished her luck and she went back to Sam’s tent.