Dawn Of War Chapter 1

Within the walls of Heydina, the noble man, Lord Rusilo, sits and awaits orders from the Empress, Urika. In one year’s time, they are going to launch an attack on Trinteion and his undead army. They have been recruiting many soldiers from foreign lands.

“Your majesty, how are we to come up with such a massive army in only one year?” said Rusilo questionably. The Empresses studied the worried look on Rusilo’s face and said, “My dear loyal Rusilo, do not worry. We have trust worthy allies. They know what is happening, and they know it can’t be stopped unless we ban together to end this madness.”

“Your majesty, what if they cower and refuse our plea?” said Rusilo now in a serious tone. The Empress replied in a desperate voice, “Then I will face this darkened time alone. I will not let my people suffer for the mistake of one fool who searched for more power and only found the shadows!” All-of-the-sudden, a knight bursts into the Empress's chambers.

“Your majesty, a stranger wishes an audience with you. She says she knows of a way to fix the rip in the veil!” The Empress turned and faced the knight. “Send her in.” The knight fled the room in a swift pace to go get this stranger.

“Your majesty, I bring astonishing news that will surely aid us in this war! My name is Clareitrashion, and I know how to end this war before it starts.” The Empress looks at Clareitrashion skeptically. After a few seconds she says, “Wait you said your name is Clareitrashion? I’v heard that name somewhere. Where are you from?” 

“It doesn’t matter your majesty. Anyway, if Trinteion used the dark arts to open the veil, then maybe we can use the forbidden ancient powers located at the Five Oracle Shrines.” The Empress just stands in awe, until she gathers her thoughts and says, “You have got to be joking! Do you know why they are forbidden? Its because they are too powerful! One person alone can hardly contain the full understanding of a power! How do you expect to be able to gather all five?” The Empress’s face is flushed with rage as Clareitrashion looks at her. In a serious voice Clareitrashion replies, “This is the only way. You know just as well as anyone else that we are desperate. If there is even the slightest chance that this will work, then I’ll do whatever it takes. Now, these forbidden powers aren’t forbidden because they are too powerful. They are forbidden, because if you aren’t worthy and your soul doesn’t have pure intentions, then your soul is trapped within it’s ancient seal and you will never escape from it’s darkness.” The Empress scowls at Clareitrashion.

“What kind of intrusion is this! You come into my chambers, you try to tell me you know how to stop a war, and that you know more about the ancient powers than I do? You better explain yourself before I have you beheaded for these insults!”

“Calm down, calm down. I’m sorry your majesty, that was foolish of me to say that, but I do believe that on the ancient forbidden powers, I would have more knowledge.” The Empress looks at Clareitrashion with a scolding look. She sighs and then says to Clareitrashion, “What are your intensions?” Clareitrashion looks at the Empress and tells her, “I plan to take a group of about ten people. I need people who know how to handle themselves, people big enough to carry the supplies, and then people who are going to be able to retrieve the ancient powers. Oh, and I am also going to need a guide to show use where the Five Oracle Shrines are.” 

The Empress sighs and walks out onto the balcony. Clareitrashion follows her.

“Clareitrashion, gaze upon my beautiful city. What do you see?” Clareitrashion approaches the edge and looks down on the city bellow. 

“I see empty streets and boarded up windows.” The Empress nodes her head and continues. “Now look beyond these walls. What do you see there?” Clareitrashion squints her eyes and replies, “Well, I see unattended crops, and animals. I see a-” Clareitrashion stops when she sees a misty shadow chasing a pack of wolves. The wolves begin to howl and whimper as the shadow begins to circle them. The wolves crouch low to the ground and snarl at the shadow. The shadow begins to rise into a misty fog and consumes the wolves. All you could hear is the howls of the wolves, until the fog faded away. Now, they were no longer wolves. They had been taken over by darkness, and now they were part of the tainted abominations. Clareitrashion felt pity for the wolves as she looked down and saw the wolves claw at the walls. 

“This land is dying. We need to end this madness. Please, if you truly think you can end this, than go, but you won’t find anyone here that will help you. My people fear these spirits, because they know that eventually my walls will give. I fear for that day as well.” 

Clareitrashion looked at the Empress and then left the room. As she is walking out, an old man stops her and says, “You there! Girl, wait. Stop I need to speak with you. I couldn’t help but over hear you are in search for the ancient forbidden powers. I wish to go with you on your journey.” Clareitrashion looks into the old man’s eyes and says, “No. Begone! My blade thirsts for your tainted blood!” The old man stares at Clareitrashion for a long time. Finally, the man falls over and begins to moan and scream, “Help me! Help me!” He takes out a dagger and begins to stab himself repeatedly. He throws the dagger at Clareitrashion’s feet and begins to cry. Suddenly, a group of guards appear to see what the commotion is about. 

“You there, women! Did you do this to this old man?” Clareitrashion replies, “No. He is possessed. He did this to himself.” The guards look at Clareitrashion and raised their weapons at her. Clareitrashion fled the room. She jumps out a nearby window and lands on the side of the castle. She hurdles down and dashes out of the city.

 To make it easier for the readers, all the characters have shorter names. In this chapter, Clareitrashion’s shortened name is Clare. Please comments and let me know what you thought of this chapter.   Comments = stronger stories