Chapter 9

“Sam! Wait up.” Said Ravin as she raced after Sam. He walked up the stairs of the temple and onto the nearest balcony. He folded his arms and leaned on the railing. Ravin finally caught up to him and walked up beside him. For a moment she took the view in. Even though the temple was at the bottom of Mt. Firos, the other side was higher up than the village. The forest was large and a stream lead towards the mountain. 

“Very peaceful out here.” Said Ravin after a few moments. Sam nodded and she turned to walk away not knowing why she followed him.

“Wait, I’m sorry I just ran out.”

“Why did you?” Asked Ravin curiously. He looked down at the railing and said, “I just don’t like people hearing me sing, besides Aurora. I’m a guy. I’m not supposed to be like that. I need to be stronger for her.”

“So you are shy? That’s adorable!” Said Ravin in a high pitched voice. Sam looked at her and said, “It is not! It makes me look weak!”

“No, it doesn’t! That is the cutest thing ever!” Said Ravin laughing.

“So you think I’m cute?” Asked Sam devilishly. Ravin stopped laughing and blushed.

“I never said you were cute. Not that you aren’t, because you are very cute, but I don’t mean it that way. I mean, I do, but I don’t mean it in a way that-” Ravin stopped and looked down humiliated. Sam began to laugh and Ravin turned to walk back inside. Sam grabbed her hand and she looked at him in shock. He pulled her close and she put her hands on his chest to steady herself when he pulled her in. Their hearts pounded and Sam’s eyes blazed with desire.

“Sam? What was that song about?” Asked Ravin in a whisper.

“I was thinking about you.” Ravin’s mouth went dry and she stood in Sam’s arms for what seemed like years. He pressed her closer. He tilted her head up towards him and gazed into her eyes. They stood, their lips inches apart. They never took their eyes off of each others. A strong breeze blew and Ravins hair wiped wildly in her face. Sam brushed the strands out of the way and his touch sent a tingling sensation throughout her body. 

“Sam, I have to tell you something.” Said Ravin. She raised onto her toes and whispered in his ear, “I think I might feel the same way.” She lowered herself and smiled a flirtatious smile at him and her eyes danced with amusement. He smiled at her and touched her forehead with his. 

“Will you sing me the rest of that song?” Asked Ravin

“Now?” Asked Sam with one of his eyebrows raised. Ravin smiled and nodded. She put her head on his chest and then he began to sing the rest of the song.

Angel please take me

Far away across the sea

Help me see what is right

Whenever I loose my sight

Angel of starlight

I will always protect you

I will always love you

Ravin tilted her head up and gazed into his eyes. Sam smiled at her. His eyes told her everything. He put one hand on the small of her back and then pulled her chin up to his with the other. His lips inched closer to hers. She closed her eyes. Their lips touched and they kissed. Their breathes became heavy and started to rage. Sam ran his hands in Ravin’s hair and Ravin pressed herself closer to him. He finally pulled back. Ravin took his hand and they ran to her room laughing quietly. When they entered her room, she began to kiss him desperately. He took off his armor and she removed her robes. They climbed into her bed. Sam looked into her eyes and said, “I know I haven’t known you for a long time, but I know enough to know that I desperately need you. I know Aurora sees me as a father like figure, but I need your help. I can’t do the things you do. You help her in ways I can’t and I do not know how to. I’m not asking you to do anything drastic, I’m just asking you to be there for her. Please Ravin, she needs someone she can look up to.”