Sasuke

---------------------------------------------------------
It's been a couple years since the Uchiha massacre, but the memory haunts me every day. Every time I close my eyes, I see the flames and blood from the compound.

My best friend from the Anbu black ops, Itachi, was forced to kill off the Uchihas before they destroyed the leaf village. A week after that night, he had come to me and showed me what actually happened that night and the day before. He was left with no choice, but he was promised mine and his brother Sasuke's safety if he helped put down his clan.

I had understood and he left knowing that I held no grudge against him. I could never hate Itachi or Sasuke. They are the closest I have to family now.

"...Nikki? You awake? Come on, we got to meet my team. I want you to observe them and train with us. It'll benefit all of us in the end." A familiar ninja with a gravity-defying poof of hair helped me up from my daze and made sure I was okay before we made our way to meet his team of genin.

I wore my Anbu uniform while Kakashi had his Jonin vest and his normal clothes with a copy of Ichi Ichi Paradise in his vest pocket. Since I wasn't on a mission, I could walk around without my Anbu mask on, but I still kept my regular mask on out of comfort. (Sorry if you didn't want a mask like Kakashi's. I thought it wouls be cute to have a mask so team 7 would be trying to see both of you without a mask.)

No one questioned why I had my mask on. I didn't wear it to hide my looks like Kakashi. I had burns from the Uchiha massacre under the mask in certain spots and scars on my neck that I don't want anyone to see.

When me and Kakashi arrived at the training ground where we were supposed to meet, we saw three kids sitting around. One was a yellow haired boy in a orange jumpsuit thing, another was a pink haired kunoichi, and the last was an impatient Sasuke Uchiha.

"Sorry I'm late. A black cat crossed my path, so I had to take a detour." Kakashi made up a lame excuse and the three deadpanned.

"Lame excuse, sensei. Who's she?" The yellow-haired boy spoke up. He seemed like the 'I'm going to kick your ass' type of kid. He kept glancing at me while pointing at me. I decided to surprise him a bit so I poofed to where I was right behind him and poked his head. He wailed and fell backwards.

"Oh, Naruto. Well I guess Introductions are needed. Nikki, these three are my team. The pink hair is Sakura Haruno, the loud one is Naruto Uzumaki, and you know Sasuke." Kakashi pointed to each as he introduced them, Sasuke giving me a small smile when he was mentioned.

"How about we do a familiar exercize, guys. Remember the bells?" Kakashi held up the three bells from his impossible test. "Nikki here is the only one to get all three bells alone from me. Now you will try to get them from her while she's blindfolded as an advantage."

Kakashi tied the bells to my belt and pulled my leaf headband over my eyes. He also whispered in my ear, "keep your left eye covered after this. Your sharingan activated on its own again."

With that he backed up and left me in the center of the clearing surroundes by his genin.

"This will be easy." Naruto dashed at me first, risky move. I smoothly dodged and started the perfect jutsu.

"Ninja art, 1000 years of pain"

You know where that went.

Sasuke observed my movement while Sakura was swooning over him.

"Kakashi, can I attack them to give them a little push?" I turned my head in Kakashi's direction and sensed him nod, making me grin.

Poofing behind Sakura, I grabbed her and threw her towards the pond where Naruto landed while bringing a kunai to deflect Sasuke's.

"Good speed, Sasuke." I swung my leg under him, tripping him, and jumped back to Kakashi.

"How about you stay in one place. See if that helps them." I nodded to him before going back to the center and standing still.

After a while, Sasuke got annoyed and threw a kunai to cut the bells off my belt. I decided to give it to him since I was more occupied with Naruto.

Kakashi smiled and got up from his position reading his book. "Good job using two teammates as a distraction while one retrieved the bells. Go get some rest now. You earned it."

Naruto and Sakura went to go eat ramen and Sasuke left, leaving me and Kakashi alone. I pulled the right side of my headband up, leaving my sharingan covered.

"Alright, Nikki. Do you feel up for training with me? I can teach you my chidori if you want."

Sasukw's pov.

After we were dismissed, I left the training area but turned back when Nikki didn't leave. I sat myself in a tree by the clearing and watched as she trained with Kakashi Sensei.

Both of them were fast, and I realized that Nikki wasn't even trying to fend us off. She was playing with us. Now I see that she is extremely powerful.

No wonder she's an Anbu captain.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a kunai by my head. Nikki was at the base of the tree looking up at me.

"Come on, Sasuke. Let's go home."